Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch PSB 10.8 LI-2 Cordless Hammer Drill 2AH Battery - €62.25 delivered Amazon

Options
  • 09-04-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭

Bosch PSB 10.8 LI-2 Cordless Hammer Drill with 10.8V 2AH Battery - €62.25 deliver from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-603983972-Cordless-Lithium-Ion-Featuring/dp/B00TIHP60U?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

DSC04738.JPG

This drill came back in stock today and would be perfect as a cordless screwdriver for the home with occasional/light use for concrete drilling.

It is discounted until the 14th of April.

The newer and more inferior version of this drill - The PSB 1080 LI-2 is sold in Argos for €82.49,
    which has a non-removable battery with a lower capacity of 1.5AH and a crappier charger:

339639971_1_1000x700_nowa-bosch-psb-1080-li-2-wkretarka-akumulatorowa-108v-wolsztyn.jpg

My advice is get the older version while you still can, most stores only stock the newer version now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

As for drill bits I'd recommend adding on the following:

DeWalt DT6952-QZ Stone Drill Cylindrical Bit Set in Plastic Case 5 Pieces - £5.98

The masonry bits that come with the Bosch X-line drill bit kits are meant to be extremely poor, and the Dewalt ones are highly recommended.

The Dewalt Extreme masonry bits are probably a bit overkill for light home home use.

Bosch 2608587793 1/4" 6 Piece Selfcut Flat Spade Wood Bits Set in Wallet - £6.99

Very good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Can this be used as a screwdriver and what bits would you recommend for Ikea furniture?

soirish wrote: »
    Can this be used as a screwdriver and what bits would you recommend for Ikea furniture?

Yep, it has 3 modes, screwdriving with torque settings, drilling, hammer.
    Never used ikea furniture before as I live in Cork, and apparently theres no suitable site big enough to build an Ikea store here.

I'd imagine this 32 piece screwdriver bit set would have you covered?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-2607017063-Screwdriver-Bit-Pieces/dp/B00403M7OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460214309&sr=8-1&keywords=Bosch+bit+set

Do they use any screws besides philips and flat heads?

The X-line drill bit sets come with screwdriver heads also, I'd imagine they're the same quality as the 32 bit scredriver set but I'm not sure:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Ddiy&field-keywords=Bosch+drill+bIt+set&rh=n%3A79903031%2Ck%3ABosch+drill+bIt+set

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Thanks OP. Yes, Ikea would be the standard philips and flat heads.

Also noticed the review below on Amazon, is this a solid drill for every job? If not I might just get a screwdriver.
    It's not a drill - it's a screwdriver. If you think yoiu might be able to drill into brick like I did, you cannot. You could drill into wood or plaster, but nothing solid. I had to get out an old Tesco mains-powered drill to complete the task.
    It is a very nice screwdriver though.

soirish wrote: »
    Thanks OP. Yes, Ikea would be the standard philips and flat heads.

Also noticed the review below on Amazon, is this a solid drill for every job? If not I might just get a screwdriver.

Being only a 10.8v it would be the weakest of all Bosch Hammer / Combi Drills for sure as its so small and light, of course a 14v /18v /24v / mains Bosch drill would have much more power to go through brick, i know the voltage doesn't necessarily mean much but drills with a higher voltage usually have more powerful motor.

I would question whether that reviewer used cheap Masonry bits like the Bosch ones that come with the x-line bit sets though.

We have concrete cinder blocks in our home so I'd imagine being less dense, they would be much easier to drill into than brick.

Here's a short video of it going through concrete at 1:28:

Here's a video of the professional version going through a concrete block with the high quality Bosch blue granite bits:

Whereas this guy is using the same drill with those cheap masonry bits through brick and it struggles:

The official Bosch videos show it going through brick also, but you cant trust them!

I guess I'll find out how good it as through concrete when I get it with those Dewalt bits!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Careful OP, two of those videos show the professional series GSB not the PSB.

Personally, save your money and get an 18v Dewalt as I have, these things are too weak in 10.8v.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Careful OP, two of those videos show the professional series GSB not the PSB.

Personally, save your money and get an 18v Dewalt as I have, these things are too weak in 10.8v.

To be fair I did mention they are the professional version above the videos.
    Doge wrote: »
    Here's a video of the professional version going through a concrete block with the high quality Bosch blue granite bits:

Theres just not a lot of videos on this drill to show how good it is going through brick.

As I said I intend using this as a screwdriver with the occasional drilling through concrete.

If it goes through concrete at all it is just a bonus for me.

Advertisement