Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Method

Options
  • 09-04-2016 3:05am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whilst perusing the web the past few days a large full page advert for a get rich scheme called "The Irish Method" has been popping up on my iPad.

It smells of a total scam. So be warned - avoid at all costs if you come across it. I'm sure the boards.ie team are aware of these adverts and don't have links to them in this site.

Be warned - avoid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Whilst perusing the web the past few days a large full page advert for a get rich scheme called "The Irish Method" has been popping up on my iPad.

It smells of a total scam. So be warned - avoid at all costs if you come across it. I'm sure the boards.ie team are aware of these adverts and don't have links to them in this site.

Be warned - avoid!

The Irish method, the Brit method, the Aussie method, the Canuck method, etc, all the same scam from the same scammers. There was a piece in the BBC about it a couple of months ago.

Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

The withdraw method .....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The Rhythm Method TM

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Sounds like a form of contraception.

The Irish method: Drinking 14 pints of Guinness and not able to get it up,thus removing the risk of pregnancy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

The Irish meth...

Craic cocaine with out the Coke..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Might paint me decking today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Beware Irish Methodists

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I thought this was a thread about old fashioned contraception :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How do I know to avoid something if I don't know what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

How do I know to avoid something if I don't know what it is?

Just engage your brain....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So what is the Irish method, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I'm not the OP, but it's an automated day trading 'facility' that claims it will earn you a small fortune from using stocks. I can't remember if it was on Watchdog or the One show earlier this year.

http://www.binaryoptionswatchdog.com/brit-method-and-canuck-method-scam/

Or it's a riff on the tried & not trusted withdrawal method that had provided so many siblings in Ireland. ;)

Edit: it was the One Show http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2136812

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Switch it off, then switch it back on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks for the heads up o.p., I was going to jump all over it.

Now, back to ebay for those magic beans...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭hairyslug

But the sexy single ladies in my area are real right,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

What about the Nigerian Princes? I can trust them, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Speedsie wrote: »
    The Irish method, the Brit method, the Aussie method, the Canuck method, etc, all the same scam from the same scammers. There was a piece in the BBC about it a couple of months ago.

Avoid

Its such a transparent scam that only an idiot would fall for it. Which is exactly why design it that way - their target demographic is idiots.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It seems to be some sort of binary trading scheme where you play the stock markets. The guy fronting it is called Jason Flanagan and looks pretty young and wet behind the ears.

Smells of a total scam. Big money is never that easy!:pac:

Love the replies about the Irish Method being some sort of contraception!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Turtle_ wrote: »

Of course you can ,

Yours ,

Prince Akimwande .

P.S. the thirty million euros is in my account waiting for your bank details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Calypso27

So I can continue to let guys pull out yeah, no scam there?

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

JupiterKid wrote: »

Be warned - avoid!
    My guess is the boards team don't really have much say as to what ads pop up. Read it on a different website (Cracked) a while back in response to readers complaining about the ads on the site. Basically, if I recall correctly, a lot of large websites enter into advertising rings which can include hundreds (if not thousands) of different ads, and from there what pops up all depends on the circumstances of the website's visitor (location, time of day, search/browsing history, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Phoebas wrote: »
    Its such a transparent scam that only an idiot would fall for it. Which is exactly why design it that way - their target demographic is idiots.

You're also missing out the gullible, the naïve and the greedy. In fact greed tends to be one of the greater drivers, it's why the spelling of those Nigerian Princes is always so atrocious, it helps foster a feeling of superiority in the intended victim.

If you mailbomb a few million people you're bound to get a hit or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

Turtle_ wrote: »

Good afternoon Sir/Madam.
    I'm calling to let you know that you have been selected to receive a Cash Prize.

All I require from you, are your bank account details and Sort Code, and we can wire the monies to you directly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Calypso27 wrote: »
    So I can continue to let guys pull out yeah, no scam there?

Good stuff.

Hello! :p

Advertisement