Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 4k thoughts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I'm in the market for a new machine. I saw this http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/7559-8069-Dell-Inspiron-15-7000_1893767.html and thought it seemed good value. I will be buying it mainly for photo and maybe video editing.

i7, 16gb, 4gb graphics card and 4k screen seem to tick the boxes for me. Anybody have this and if so, what is it like?

Performance wise, it's a great laptop. I have the same one myself, although with a 1080p screen.

That 4k screen will be awful for any sort of image editing though (the 1080p isn't much better). I plug in to a decent calibrated external monitor for that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scobyobrien

gloobag wrote:
    That 4k screen will be awful for any sort of image editing though (the 1080p isn't much better). I plug in to a decent calibrated external monitor for that sort of stuff.

Cheers, I think if I was going down the external monitor route, I'd be building and buying a desktop

Advertisement