Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Class Friday!

Options
  • 08-04-2016 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

This week felt like the longest week ..... everrrr, and to cap it off I had the worst class ever in terms of not reaching 'teaching objectives' to put it mildly (wont go into details).

Do ye have any strategies for this special time of the week?

I'm of a mind to just give em a weekly test. (Involves correcting more over weekend though as they'll be looking for it on Monday morning :( )

How do you cope with the last class on Fridays? 29 votes

Make it extra 'fun' with active learning games n' stuff.. horayyy!
    0% 0 votes
    Totally wind down with wroksheets to keep em busy.
    6% 2 votes
    Carry on as normal like every other class, I don't know what this thread is on about.
    17% 5 votes
    Give 'em class tests, that'll learn 'em.
    75% 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Carry on as normal as possible. I can't give them an inch or they will run a mile!

Tests are lovely way of keeping them quiet though. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary is a bit different, they run out of puff, so in our place it's usually golden time or else art/PE class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Have a very difficult 1st year JCSP class last thing on a Friday.
    Tried all of the above and I'm all out of ideas. I come out of school in such a bad mood at the end of the week because of the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I vary it between tests, quizzes, worksheets and activities. I find if its the same thing every week they get bored of it even if it's an activity. I don't do any standard chalk and talk if I can avoid it though (maths). This year I have music last class and we do practical class which is great

• Advertisement

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Have a very difficult 1st year JCSP class last thing on a Friday.
    Tried all of the above and I'm all out of ideas. I come out of school in such a bad mood at the end of the week because of the class.

What do you teach them? Would you be able to get in to a PC lab and give them something to type up , a change of scenery?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

I have a reward chart for during the week and they get their reward on Friday -20 minutes mp3 time while they are doing their work. It keeps them totally silent during the main task but if they misbehave during a lesson they lose 10 minutes. The good behaviour chart starts on a Friday so they need to behave for the whole lesson or they lose next weeks privilege.

Advertisement