Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petite Occassion Wear

Options
  • 08-04-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I have a wedding in June. I am 5ft 2 and a size 6 (almost!). I'm finding it a nightmare to get a dress or even skirt/top that fit me. Does anyone have any tips on where might be good to get something fab and elegant to wear? I've tried Asos (sizes aren't really good for me) Topshop, and most other shops in town that I can think of

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Try Italian, Spanish or French brands. Penny Black could work if their stuff isn't too old for you. They go to size 4 (Italian 36). House of Fraser and Arnotts stock some Marella although that one is a bit pricey. http://ie.pennyblack.com/dresses/c-202

Another brand you could try is Hybrid. Their sizing is very small. I am usually dress size 10 or 12 and their 14 fitted me perfectly. I think they are stocked in independent boutiques.
    http://www.hybridfashion.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Next do formal dresses in small sizes and Petite. Order in usually rather than see in store.

I'm 5'1" and a size 8 but more often than not I end up buying regular sizes and getting them altered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I have a friend who is quite petit and she gets the occasional lovely thing in Miss Selfridge - we're 30 BTW and obviously not all of their stuff is age appropriate but she gets the odd gem there and I think they go down to a size 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I was also going to suggest miss selfridge, I got a beautiful dress there in December, really elegant with a midi skirt that didn't swamp me! I'm 5'3"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

I'm a size 8 and 5'0" I have to pretty much get everything hemmed! Try finding a mid calf length dress it may be long enough to go all the way down and fit nicely. Otherwise try and find a seamstress to hem up the dress or find heels tall enough to make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Thanks for all the replies - I tend to require having a lot of things hemmed too!

I ended up finding a Ted Baker dress (in a size 8!!!) in TK Maxx in a freak coincidence when I went in looking at bedding. It fits like a glove. Talk about lucky! Now the search is on to find shoes/bag/fascinator to match :'(

Advertisement