Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad Airways - 50% off Business Class fares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I may send my da a link to this, I only found out last week he's been flying everywhere business class for the last couple of years, spending my inheritance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if I was going on Australia again, and this sort of deal available I would definitely make use of it !! For the extra comfort per hour travelling it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I have been flying with Etihad nearly 8-10 years at this stage, but recently service has deteriorated a lot.

The Dublin-AbuDhabi aircraft is crappy to say the least. And just last week they were late to depart from Dublin (came in to Dublin late) and I missed my connecting flight to my destination from Abu Dhabi and ended up spending 16 hours in AbuDhabi airport - poor treatment (they couldn't even put me in a hotel - apparently they need 10 hours to process a visa for me (not Irish passport, much easier with it of course)). This exact thing happened to my elderly parents six months ago. I have to fly back with them in two weeks and not really looking forward to it anymore.

I will not blame them for delays that is out of their control, but just be warned that their overall service have deteriorated significantly compared to how it was when they started flying from Dublin. I am going to give Emirates a change next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Flew business class back from Sydney with them to Dublin (via Abu Dhabi) a couple of years ago.

It was as someone called it "Luxury Economy" class.

The leg room and ability to turn the seat into a bed was good. The plane we were on coming back from Sydney was not fantastic but made much more tolerable by having some room to yourself. Service was not much better than economy class (although a good 18 year old whiskey did help).

Getting through security in Abu Dhabi was easier coming via business class. We flew out economy and that was chaos getting through in time for the connecting flight. Just made it through in time basically.

The flight back from Abu Dhabi to Dublin was bliss as it was a much more modern plane. Very quiet in Business class and probably the most comfort I've ever had while flying.

Ethiad also give you the option to bid for business class and higher seats the week before you fly.

Still, this is tempting for a long haul flight like this again.

Advertisement