Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFMA ASSESSMENT MAY 2016

Options
  • 08-04-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

CAP 2 CASE STUDY MAY SFMA

Hi guys,

I am sitting the SFMA case study in May and there is no workshops on as it is only for a few people that could not sit the January sitting! Does anyone know where I could get a good grind with notes for the preseen case study?

Thanks in advance ( Chartered grind school isn't doing any!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

There should be a video lecture available online that deals with the SFMA Interim Assessments. If I remember rightly it goes through one or two past case studies. It should give you a broad understanding of how to approach the assessments.

Your best approach is to read the question and identify potential "topic areas" and read up on those. From reading a couple of past IA, the pre-seen makes it glaringly obvious.

You'll be given enough info in the pre-seen to get the majority of your calculations done before you even go in and sit the test.

The IA itself is not overly difficult, the hardest part was managing time. I spent so long on the first 2 parts of the question that I ended up only having about 5 minutes to do the 3rd part (which was worth about 25 marks). Needless to say, it cost me quite a lot of marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 odonovan4148

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and tips! I will start with question 3 so! Thank you again!

There doesn't seem to be any income/expenditure in my case study which is disappointing!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnfdick

Hi guys, I am also doing the May assessment.
    There is a lecture online with Bernard Vallely that gives you a good base to start from in terms of how to approach.

The topics i picked from the material was:
    1. Mergers acquisitions
    2. Variances
    3. Company valuations
    4. Cash pile / investor 1 willing to sell?

My approach is preparing possible questions that could be asked based on the above and reviewing the lectures notes to make sure I have a basic knowledge. I think there will be a narrative on one of the areas and then the Variances and valuations will have a figures component.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 odonovan4148

Thanks John! Valuations doesn't seem as bad as I thought when got down to it but still tricky.
    Very large areas more so but fingers crossed we get an ok paper!still alot to do yet!

Advertisement