Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a painter in CW?

Options
  • 07-04-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Moving into a new house next month, will be stripping a load of wall paper and then getting the painters in to do walls, ceilings and woodwork.

Can anyone recommend someone they've had experience with? What did they do for you? Are you happy with them? How much did they charge and how long did it take?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭philog

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Moving into a new house next month, will be stripping a load of wall paper and then getting the painters in to do walls, ceilings and woodwork.

Can anyone recommend someone they've had experience with? What did they do for you? Are you happy with them? How much did they charge and how long did it take?

Thanks in advance!

Richie nolan *MOD SNIP, please use PM for phone numbers rather than the open forum*. Lovely neat work.. Great prices..highly recommend this man..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Good stuff, I'll give him a call, thanks!

Anyone else have experience with someone they would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

We have used Noel O'Connor for some wall papering in the past but my sister in law has used him for alot of painting in the past without any issues

http://www.goldenpages.ie/noel-o-connor-painting-decorating-ballinacarrig/

Had Richie over this evening for a look, sound guy alright. He's told me what paint to buy and how much so gonna get that tomorrow. He'll give me his quote in a day or two. Gonna give Noel a ring in the morning and get him over also. Thanks guys!

Just to update this, we went with Richie Nolan in the end. A really sound guy and great to deal with. As mentioned above, we stripped all the wall paper and washed the walls down with sugar soap so when Richie and his two other guys came in, they could get stuck straight into fixing, filling and sanding all the cracks and holes etc.

Approx 1800sq ft house. Kitchen, dining room, sitting room, bathroom, hallways and 5 bedrooms. He advised it would take three of them 5 days. They had it done in 4!

I spent about €400 on the paint and Richie charged me €1550 for labour. Another quote I had was €2000 for labour and 2 weeks to complete the work!

I would highly recommend them and will be getting them back to do the outside of the house at the end of summer hopefully!

• Advertisement
Advertisement