Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Reddit Gold

Options
  • 07-04-2016 5:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there are Boardsies who use Reddit so I hope this will be of use to some.

Reddit have launched an official application and to celebrate they're giving everyone who logs in 3 months of free gold the main benefit of which is no ads.

Not available on the Irish PlayStore yet so you have to use the link below to get it, can confirm it works.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/redditinc/reddit/reddit-0-3-1-release/reddit-0-3-1-android-apk-download/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Can confirm, it worked. But I'd still be wary of installing APKs from outside the official store.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

apkmirror is a safe site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You could also use apk downloader - paste the Google play link into the site and it downloads the apk for you. Also, I downloaded the app from Google play on the computer and it installed remotely with no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

Can confirm, it worked. But I'd still be wary of installing APKs from outside the official store.

APKmirror and some others simply download from the play store and mirror it on their network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It's an ok app but the Reddit Sync one I've been using is better and supports nearly all formats in app. It'll get there when it's gotten a few tweaks and updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Can also be gotten from American App Store for iOS users. Need a US account though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I had alien blue with the pro option and they gave me 4 years of free gold. Which is apparently good. Though for the life of me I can't find any benefit as yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I had alien blue with the pro option and they gave me 4 years of free gold. Which is apparently good. Though for the life of me I can't find any benefit as yet!

You can turn off ads :) other than that there's not a whole pile to talk about.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So how does this work, I install, log in, and then I can give people Gold?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Zascar wrote: »
    So how does this work, I install, log in, and then I can give people Gold?

Then you get gold yourself I thought? I think it adds some functionality to your user...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If you root your phone you can download a hosts file that will block ads in all apps.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32276021

Advertisement