Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Little Help Please

Options
  • 07-04-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests I'm looking for a little help/advise on what to do with this piercing.

I got it done 6 weeks tomorrow. It's still sore and I noticed today it's red and raised etc as you can see from the pictures. So what is the best course of action? Do I take the piercing out/leave it in/how can I make the sore and redness go away??

20160407_134249_zpsl8lty3p6.jpg

20160407_134456_zpsqwbgtmnx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hypertrophic scarring. Hotter than normal sea salt soaks should help. Also camomile tea bag soaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

Hypertrophic tissue forming (essentially over-stimulation of skin by inflammation). Common enough after many piercings esp if they get friction/caught (hair etc). Salt soaks, keep it scrupulously clean and dry but minimise manipulation and touching of the piercing. it can take a LONG time to clear up.

Advertisement