Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"trading" my Siemens SCPC 4320 for a 5320

Options
  • 07-04-2016 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Due to a mistake in designing my zones/areas,i will need to upgrade my 4320 to a 5320.

If anyone needs a 4320 i am trading / selling at below my cost price.
    Brand new unit,only connected to power,wall and net.
    Upgraded to latest version,thanks to KoolKid.

No keypad or can be sold with it,but a higher price. (LE:apparently new system comes with a keypad included...if thats the case,my system will be sold with a keypad to).
    No other extra modules either.

Im looking for around €200 !?

Thanks.

382524.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The 5000 doesn't come with a keypad. Good luck with the sale.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You know you could get a 5320 PCB only?

KoolKid wrote: »

They're nearly the same price as the complete panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not where I shop..:rolleyes:

Not where I shop..:rolleyes:

Do they come in a kit now or Richmond make them up for you?

• Advertisement

Have a number of different kit prices. But I was talking about pcb only.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi rolion, please pop an add on adverts then link it here, then leave the cost etc on adverts and sell it there please. You can bring people to adverts from here thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks but how !?

Available from most suppliers.

Available from most suppliers.

Not been smart here, but I called the 3 majors one that I know selling these systems and i've got prices only on the 5320 as a panel within the metal housing.
    If you are kind and send me over a part number for the PCB only, i will be very gratefully.
    LE: found it HERE

Will you need the 4320 ?
    Can I use it as a spare without the keypad, only web based ?
    What's the difference between 43 and 53,hardware and/or software !?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Hi rolion, please pop an add on adverts then link it here, then leave the cost etc on adverts and sell it there please. You can bring people to adverts from here thanks

Thanks Stoner but I feel it will end up in KoolKid's hands, FoC !

Adverts works like:
    Is 200,i'll give you 50,,,oah need keypad, ill give you 55 .
    Is free ? Great ... can you do delivery at my address ?
    :)

The difference between the 4320 & 5320 is capacity. The SPC 4320 can take up to 24 zones, users, outputs etc.
    5320 goes to 128
    6320 goes to 256

The difference between the 4320 & 5320 is capacity. The SPC 4320 can take up to 24 zones, users, outputs etc.
    5320 goes to 128
    6320 goes to 256

And the 4320 can only allow 4 switched outputs via the app. I got caught out on a job with that one.

Edit: And it takes 32 zones as well.

5320 goes to 128
    6320 goes to 256
    And the 4320 can only allow 4 switched outputs via the app. I got caught out on a job with that one.

Edit: And it takes 32 zones as well.

I'm standing to be corrected but...is a software trick in upgrading the zone, user, output between the versions then !?
    As each PCB / board connects between expanders via Xbus, what's the difference !?
    Or better CPU, more RAM and so on ?

I don't think so. I have got a wrong licence key in the past that changed a 4320 to a 5320. But the capacity remained the same. Possibly if you could flash the chip itself it may be possible.

Received the new board,5320.
    Same board,chipset,only a few extra connectors which i cant justify it in my local setup.

I have two XBus,one dedicated to keypad and second to expanders.

Otherwise,whats the difference...dunno ! :)

Its all in the capacity.:)

Its all in the capacity.:)

Well ... i tought is the memory,CPUs,faster chipsets due that has an expanded number of zones to manage / control /react, but nope,cant see the "capacity" :)

Its the zone capacity, the ammount of expanders & keypads you can add.
    The ammount of users 7 calendars, the ammount of out puts etc.

rolion wrote: »
    Well ... i tought is the memory,CPUs,faster chipsets due that has an expanded number of zones to manage / control /react, but nope,cant see the "capacity" :)

There's very little hardware difference. It's a bit of a con that all the manufacturers do. It's a way of getting more cash for the same product.

• Advertisement

Lads, one quick question here...if this new PCB supposed to support more expanders than previous one and I see no difference in the power supply build either....then how I'm going to design / connect the additional devices (expanders, sensors, PIRs) that will naturally "attract" a bigger power consumption ?
    Will that fry the controller PCB power supply !?

Thanks and another pint on the cable...

If the peripherals current consumption exceeds the panels output then you will need a separate PSU.

Advertisement