Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens after first round offers?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

For Masters courses, if you don't get a First Round offer, is being on the reserve list actually hopeful for getting a second round offer? And are places offered to those with existing results over those with pending results?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

To answer your first question - this will depend entirely on how many people who received first round offers decide not to take up their offer. This probably varies from course to course and year to year.

I have no idea about your second question. It may be worth asking the course director or administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I did just that and got some answers. It's just up in the air how it pans out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Hopefully it'll work out in your favour; best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tuamstar

Hey Jimmy,

This really depends on the Uni and the Department you apply to!
    I know that UCD, DCU and Trinners block a place if you get a first round offer... At least the Business schools.
    Like you get a window to accept and if you're outside the deadline you basically lost your place and need to be considered again!

Advertisement