Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading In Two Cars

Options
  • 06-04-2016 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I've a 03 A4 and a 05 Z4 that I'm looking to sell and replace with a decent family car <5 years old and a small runabout for the wife (usual story, baby on the way) and was wondering what people on here think would be the best way to go about it.

Would I be better off trying to sell them individually on Done Deal / Auto Trader or going to a dealer to see if they'd do some kind of trade in on both?

I'd be cautious buying myself on Done Deal as I know the risks of "buyer beware" on private sales and with the kid on the way I'd prefer to have some form of warranty.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sell privately if possible. Make sure theres a valid NCT and some road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Sell privately if possible. Make sure theres a valid NCT and some road tax.

Thanks, was thinking that'd be the way to go. Have the Z4 parked up so must tax and NCT it and put an ad up

Advertisement