Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" tablet recommendations

Options
  • 06-04-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

A friend has asked me for some advice regarding the purchase of a 10" tablet. I only have a Google Nexus 7" and a Tesco Hudl 8" and have never bought a 10" tablet. Her budget is €100 - €150.

Would anyone have any recommendations? If it were me I'd go for a refurbished tablet but as it's for someone else I'd be hesitant in recommending it in case something went wrong :o

Is it possible to get something decent for this price (preferable with an SD slot for extra memory).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Anyone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Argos had a Lenovo Tab 2 10" tablet for 149.99. You'd get money back in vouchers (€15) I reckon. Micro SD slot on it. Decent tablet for the price and the battery is supposed to be very good too. My gf got one, she loves it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4995403/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET.htm

Thanks, that looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1GB RAM is very low for a tablet these days. Depends on what you want to do with it.

Mr E wrote: »
    1GB RAM is very low for a tablet these days. Depends on what you want to do with it.

Watch movies, surf the net? Both my tablets have 2gb ram so I can't advise on the speed of the 1gb. Would there be a noticeable difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No that should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

@Peig,

This machine has 2gb ram ... which would be a better job than the 1gb machine ............. it's priced e190 at the moment though plus about e7 for delivery to Parcel Motel in Antrim (or similar outfit).
    10 inch tablet

Regards,
    T

IRL-Tony wrote: »
    @Peig,

This machine has 2gb ram ... which would be a better job than the 1gb machine ............. it's priced e190 at the moment though plus about e7 for delivery to Parcel Motel in Antrim (or similar outfit).
    10 inch tablet

Regards,
    T

Thanks, they went with the Lenovo Tab 2 in the end!

Advertisement