Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional A insurance on super sport

Options
  • 05-04-2016 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, just after getting my provisional A learner permit and in the process of doing my IBT. Has anyone had any luck insuring a 600cc super sport bike (GSXR, ZX6R, CBRR, R6) on a provisional A? One of those bikes is my goal starting out, I know many would not agree that that's a good choice but it is what I have my heart set on and believe that sort of bike will put manners on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Have you rung to see what sort of quotes you might expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

You posted the same thread twice.
    You really that desperate??:pac::lol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057581806

• Registered Users Posts: 27 powerpaul91

You posted the same thread twice.
    You really that desperate??:pac::lol

That was an accident. Tried to edit the first post and ended up reposting it. 8====D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just to jump into this thread. What is insurance like for first time biker at the old age of 37. Ive full car no claims for years but never had a bike on the road.
    Wouldn't mind abit of a cruiser. No bike licence yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ballpark would be 400 euro as a complete guess

• Advertisement

ballpark would be 400 euro as a complete guess

Not so bad..... If that answer was for my question

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

car no claims doesnt come into factor when comes to bike insurance , anything with an R at the end will generally be met with a no answer. youre on a learner permit man, start small and work your way up. or throw a restricter kit on it and insurance should be cheap enough untill you can get the full :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

mickdw wrote: »
    Just to jump into this thread. What is insurance like for first time biker at the old age of 37. Ive full car no claims for years but never had a bike on the road.
    Wouldn't mind abit of a cruiser. No bike licence yet.

Before you buy a bike ;)

Theory test €45
    Prov licence €35
    IBT €500 ish
    Then buy a bike and get insured and spend as much as you can afford on good gear
    Do your driving test after 6 months of holding the learner permit
    2 lessons before test €100
    Test fee €85

Prices are thereabouts regarding the IBT

mamax wrote: »
    Before you buy a bike ;)

Theory test €45
    Prov licence €35
    IBT €500 ish
    Then buy a bike and get insured and spend as much as you can afford on good gear
    Do your driving test after 6 months of holding the learner permit
    2 lessons before test €100
    Test fee €85

Prices are thereabouts regarding the IBT
    Thanks.
    To be honest the costs associated with bikes seem small compared to running a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

I am same age. Get theory test done quick. Once you then get your provisional your 6 months start to tick down. Your still not allowed to ride a bike till you do your ibt but at least it means less or no wait to do your full test. You cant apply for full test till you finished your ibt.
    A lot easier to insure a bike on full licence even with no ncb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thanks.
    To be honest the costs associated with bikes seem small compared to running a car.

If you do the IBT first and get an insurance assessment done by the instructor at the same time it can save you a fortune.

Depending on the bike you want to get (cruiser) insurance can be had from anything 280 - 450 with the insurance assessment.

Liberty are very good for provisional riders in that age bracket.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

For me when I was learning last year:

2000 fzs600 (Fazer) 600cc
    33years old, A provisional before IBT
    Carol Nash: 700euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Thanks.
    :pac::pac::pac:

:D:p

:o

Mesrine65 wrote: »

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Tbh my car running costs are less than my bike.
    My bike fúcking eats petrol although i guess thats my own fault... :rolleyes:

Also needs to be serviced more often and takes way more effort to keep it in good condition. Worth it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mesrine65 wrote: »

?????
    goodlad wrote: »
    Tbh my car running costs are less than my bike.
    My bike fúcking eats petrol although i guess thats my own fault... :rolleyes:

Also needs to be serviced more often and takes way more effort to keep it in good condition. Worth it though!
    QED ;)

Advertisement