Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radweld Plus

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I would hesitate to put any sh*te in my cooling system. If you care about the car, fix the rad.
    Is it copper or alu core? Getting it re-cored is worth it. And even getting a new rad is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I would hesitate to put any sh*te in my cooling system. If you care about the car, fix the rad.
    Is it copper or alu core? Getting it re-cored is worth it. And even getting a new rad is worth it.

It's the matrix pure cu n t of a job, done it once already put in second hand one as used ones not available new

liam7831 wrote: »
    It's the matrix pure cu n t of a job, done it once already put in second hand one as used ones not available new

What car is it? Old copper rads can be redone by most radiator shops. Very old Alu rads could be tricky to find and they are tricky to fix, if they can be fixed at all.

What car is it? Old copper rads can be redone by most radiator shops. Very old Alu rads could be tricky to find and they are tricky to fix, if they can be fixed at all.

Celica, it's big job to get at matrix don't fancy doing it again. Temp skyrocketed at weekend and coolant was boiling and passenger footwell was wet so is leaky matrix. Have to take out whole dash etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have a look at Novastop.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    Celica, it's big job to get at matrix don't fancy doing it again. Temp skyrocketed at weekend and coolant was boiling and passenger footwell was wet so is leaky matrix. Have to take out whole dash etc

Sorry, had some crossed wires. Was thinking of radiator, my bad, just ignore most of what I said.
    But the bottom line is the same, I dont like any radiator goo, you never know what else it might gum up around the coolant circuit.
    It may be a PITA, but in the end you know you're looking at finding a replacement.
    Summer's coming, consider bypassing it.

Sorry, had some crossed wires. Was thinking of radiator, my bad, just ignore most of what I said.
    But the bottom line is the same, I dont like any radiator goo, you never know what else it might gum up around the coolant circuit.
    It may be a PITA, but in the end you know you're looking at finding a replacement.
    Summer's coming, consider bypassing it.

Ya thanks, think I will bypass it for the moment easily done as I had it done before I replaced last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

Have had success with K Seal a few times, available in most motor factors

http://www.kseal.com/ie/

Advertisement