Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving insurance from UK to ROI

Options
  • 05-04-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

If you've had insurance declared void in the UK would you be safe to insure yourself in Ireland without declaring your voided policy? I understand in the Uk all insurance policy details are shared in some big database, would I be safe to assume the Irish companies wouldn't have access to this? It was voided for an absolutely silly reason and I didn't realise the impact that that would have on future quotes.
    I'm thinking I'll be insured with same license, but the car will have a different reg (VRT), and at a different address obviously. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

1) Why don't you phone and ask?
    2) While on hold have a read of the forum charter, specifically the part about dishonest dealings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement