Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 1.6TDI Passat

Options
  • 05-04-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

I have seen a nice 11 VW passat 1.6 as pictured below. What do people think? are the miles too high? Full stamped VW History. Changing from a reliable 04 Golf which is starting to need a bit of work doing more these days.

http://www.olivergeoghegancarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=1465507&r=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If it were me I'd find a 2.0 TDi instead, more powerful, just as economical and nicer to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭9935452

SNNUS wrote: »
    I have seen a nice 11 VW passat 1.6 as pictured below. What do people think? are the miles too high? Full stamped VW History. Changing from a reliable 04 Golf which is starting to need a bit of work doing more these days.

http://www.olivergeoghegancarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=1465507&r=

The mileage wouldnt bother me too much as its healthier for a diesel to be doing higher mileage but as the mileage adds up over the years the value will get hit.
    Also agree with bazz , id go with a 2.0.
    Drive both and see for your self

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

`Thanks guys, will try drive a 2.0 and check out a golf 1.6 while I am at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

A 2.0TDI Passat costs about €1000 more than a 1.6TDI, given like for like spec/mileage. For some people it is worth paying the extra (I certainly would) but for plenty of others it isn't. The best thing you can do is drive both and make the decision yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I had a nice 2011 1.6 TDI Highline Jetta a few years back. Now of course it was a lighter car than the Passat but I found the 1.6 diesel reasonably ok for power (105hp) Not an exciting car to drive but if performance isn't an issue for you it's adequate. Maybe the heavier Passat is a different (more sluggish proposition?)

• Advertisement

The 1.6TDI In the golf seems nice and nippy but the passat is 140kg heavier so maybe 2.0 would be the way to go..

Speaking of the Golf it was a 2012 English car with 104k miles on it already, full service history with vw but a bit nervous about such a high mileage machine after just 4 years, nice to drive and seems very good but my old 04 has not much more miles than it..

Advertisement