Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open riser stairs for a two storey dwelling.

Options
  • 05-04-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi folks,

I am looking for ideas for a modern (not overly funky) open riser stairs for a 2 storey house.
    It will be replacing a timber stairs.

Also, is it possible to have a cantilever style stairs built into an existing dwelling, or does this have to be installed during the early stages of a new build due to the structural support requirement from adjacent wall?

Any ideas or sources/links put forward are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

PM sent.
    If family house with kids, or elderly folk etc open risers, while they will comply with the regs, are generally considered a bit higher risk: think Action Man doing 2.5 twists, followed by a pike into the Ming vase on Regency style hall table.

Dont underestimate the comfort a solid riser gives to the heel for older folk when walking down stairs....

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement