Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cables do I need for quick charge 3.0?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

For these purposes USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 are specifications for the transfer of data and power along a cable. USB Type-C is a connector type.

For your charger to charge your phone you need a USB Type A to USB Type C cable. Amazon sell an Anker cable to go with your charger. You should stick to quality brands like Anker, Tronsmart, etc. when buying cables like this. A cheap cable could destroy your phone. Benson Leung from Google is reviewing most USB Type C cables on Amazon as a public service.

As for USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 you would ideally purchase a USB 3.0 cable, like the one above. It is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and provides faster transfer speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Thanks I'd get the Anker cables with a Tronsmart 3 port quick charge 3.0 charger.

I'm curious tho, if you got a mains charger that has a USB C port and use a USB C to USB C cable would that charger as fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Mourinho wrote: »
    I'm curious tho, if you got a mains charger that has a USB C port and use a USB C to USB C cable would that charger as fast?
    It's not that simple because you've different charging technologies available and then it depends on the rating of the charger as well as what the phone wants. Whilst I've not benchmarked it (and don't plan to unless somebody bankrolls it) you are probably best off using the fast charging technology that your phone supports over a standard mains charger. The fast charging technology will vary the current (and voltage in some cases) to provide the optimum charging speed at different percentages. The mains charger won't vary the current and voltage.

Another thing to consider is the battery life and health.

Advertisement