Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€35 per adult for football league final

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Just checked there. The league final ticket price for adults is €35. I've a season ticket so It won't affect me if the dubs get there but does that not seem a bit steep? Is it just because the show afterwards or is it always that price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Just checked there. The league final ticket price for adults is €35. I've a season ticket so It won't affect me if the dubs get there but does that not seem a bit steep? Is it just because the show afterwards or is it always that price?

€35 Divison 1 and 2 finals, its a steal. €5 for kid too. Not sure prices last year but I think its great value. Better value than other sports at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

The double header tax.

It very rare you'll get to Croker for less than €30 outside of Dublins league games.

Paid €30 for the Leinster semi final last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And you have the big 1916 Comemoration included. Fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The commemorations have to be what is driving the cost up. My first reaction to seeing the price was to think that it was a bit steep. I've been to the last several finals & I think I'd remember if it was that much before. It will be good value, if they put on a decent 1916 show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

I suppose it depends on one's perspective, if all you're interested in is attending only your county's game and don't want anything to do with the other game and the 1916 thing, then yes, it's perhaps a little bit steep?

Problem is, not really feasible to implement a system whereby you pay for one of the three events only.

If you're looking at it in terms of the overall package it's a fair deal in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

That seems quite good value for a final.
    To put it in perspective, there are still tickets available for the Connacht v Munster match on temporary stands behind the posts for €27.50. You have to stand for the whole game as well and more than likely you'll get pneumonia.

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on one's perspective, if all you're interested in is attending only your county's game and don't want anything to do with the other game and the 1916 thing, then yes, it's a bit steep.

Problem is, not really feasible to implement a system whereby you pay for one of the three events only.

If you're looking at it in terms of the overall package it's a fair deal in my opinion.

I'll flip that on its head for you. They are nearly halving their overhead by having two game on the same day. And while saving this money they feel it would make sense to charge us muppets that attend 50%+ more.

The vast majority of people attending double headers come in for the end of the first game and the second or the first game and the first half of the second.

Given the choice I'm sure the majority would prefer to attend a single match and pay accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I got mine for €25 a week or 2 ago. Fantastic value for the Division 1 and 2 finals as well as the 1916 commemoration even if my county aren't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

eezipc wrote: »
    That seems quite good value for a final.
    To put it in perspective, there are still tickets available for the Connacht v Munster match on temporary stands behind the posts for €27.50. You have to stand for the whole game as well and more than likely you'll get pneumonia.

+1.
    That match was the first thing to come to my mind when I opened this thread and I was going to post about it as an example. I was thinking of going to it, bu t I can't justify the price in order to stand at one end and have a pretty rubbish view.

€35 for the Division 1 & 2 football finals is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

From paying a tenner to league matches, to 35 for a League Final is criminal. Id be going to see my own county only, after that Id be either celebrating or too browned off to watch the second match. Very harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

€35 Divison 1 and 2 finals, its a steal. €5 for kid too. Not sure prices last year but I think its great value. Better value than other sports at the moment.

Other sports are professional and wages of players as well as stadium upkeep etc etc have to be factored in. €25 is plenty for the League Final

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

whatnext wrote: »
    I'll flip that on its head for you. They are nearly halving their overhead by having two game on the same day. And while saving this money they feel it would make sense to charge us muppets that attend 50%+ more.

The vast majority of people attending double headers come in for the end of the first game and the second or the first game and the first half of the second.

Given the choice I'm sure the majority would prefer to attend a single match and pay accordingly

That's just not possible, not from a crowd control point of view. With only 30 mins between games (far less if u include the Div 2 trophy presentation, speeches & hoopla) how do you separate out those who only paid to watch the first game, get them out of the stadium & then admit those who have paid to watch the second game? There is no way you can funnel 80,000 people in & out of CP in 10/15 minutes. That is a disaster just waiting to happen.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    That's just not possible, not from a crowd control point of view. With only 30 mins between games (far less if u include the Div 2 trophy presentation, speeches & hoopla) how do you separate out those who only paid to watch the first game, get them out of the stadium & then admit those who have paid to watch the second game? There is no way you can funnel 80,000 people in & out of CP in 10/15 minutes. That is a disaster just waiting to happen.

Never implied it was possible, just saying upping the price as well as nearly halving their overheads with a double header is a simple case of taking the p!ss in my opinion. Having attended many double headers it's a real pain in the ass when the second lot of fans start pouring in and you are trying to watch the last 10 mins of your team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

From paying a tenner to league matches, to 35 for a League Final is criminal. Id be going to see my own county only, after that Id be either celebrating or too browned off to watch the second match. Very harsh.

Tend to agree with that. If Dublin do make the final I might hang around for the rising stuff if they win. If they lose, I'm out the door!

Between not being able to get tickets on match days with county board pass, hearing of peoples season tickets not being scanned, and now hiking up the league final admission, they are in danger of alienating Joe and Joan Punter!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

It's not criminal and far from it. Would you prefer so if the league games were €20 each and then the final stays at €20 too?

It's the same every year for the AI final too. You'll have people coming on here moaning about how to bring their family of 4 will cost them €320 for the final, yet they leave out that it cost the family of 4 less than a third of that for the semi final and far less for all the other preceding games, if they even went to any of them.

€35 for the 2 top league finals and the 1916 commemoration is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Advertisement