Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo 05 dashboard lights not coming on

Options
  • 04-04-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

When I started my Polo up this morning I noticed the radio and dashboard lights weren't working. I indicator lights are the only things on the dash which seem to be working.

Any ideas what this could be and how much it will cost to fix? Hoping it's something simple like a fuse...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,937 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most likely it's a fuse. When you say lights do you mean backlight when you turn on the lights and/or start the car or do you mean the warning lights like ABS, Engine light etc that come on when you turn on the ignition?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Most likely it's a fuse. When you say lights do you mean backlight when you turn on the lights and/or start the car or do you mean the warning lights like ABS, Engine light etc that come on when you turn on the ignition?

I mean the lights that come on when you turn on the lights and/or start the car. Example - the radio, the fan temperature etc. The radio itself isn't working so has obviously lost power.

The indicator lights and the handbrake light are still working, so assume there is no issue with warning lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

first thing is check fuses.
    does your cigarette lighter work?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

colm_mcm wrote: »
    first thing is check fuses.
    does your cigarette lighter work?

I checked again today and everything is actually working except the radio. I was mistaken in my other posts.

There is no power going to the radio.

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Tusky wrote: »
    Any ideas?
    Most likely it's a fuse
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    first thing is check fuses

Those fuse things might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement