Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs for MLB watching in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone know of any pubs in Dublin that are known for being good for watching baseball at? I see BT Sports carries some games, but outside of just having it on, are there any "baseball friendly" joints around Dublin specifically? (like the Woolshed = Football, etc)

And, as a related question, are pubs allowed to show MLB Package games via the MLB subscriptions that are not on cable or free to air channels if they pay for it? I know bars can back in the states if they pay for a commercial fee, but wasn't sure what the rules are around this here (or if pubs would even have a demand for baseball fans wanting this!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Flowing Tide is only pub in Dublin I know that showed either early evening NFL or baseball. And that was only because of discerning betting chaps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭blapabrew22

Thanks Bonniedog. Never been but might give it a bash one of these nights. Funny enough, I was in the Step Inn on Saturday night and lo and behold, one of the big screens was showing the Giants/Dodgers! I was gobsmacked, especially considering it was competing time wise with The Masters coverage. There's hope for MLB in Ireland yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Thanks Bonniedog. Never been but might give it a bash one of these nights. Funny enough, I was in the Step Inn on Saturday night and lo and behold, one of the big screens was showing the Giants/Dodgers! I was gobsmacked, especially considering it was competing time wise with The Masters coverage. There's hope for MLB in Ireland yet!

Unfortunately the American sports betting fraternity, including two of the bar staff, have left the Tide.

The Wool Shed on Parnell Street beside cinema is another place I recall seeing baseball on one of their many screens. Not sure if they are still even open.

Advertisement