Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dunnes Motor Services

Options
  • 04-04-2016 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know anything about these guys? They are part of SIMI which I know doesn't mean much but are they ok to deal with? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wandererz

Being a member of SIMI means absolutely nothing from your perspective, so disard that thought immediately. It's setup to protect the dealer rather than the consumer.

I have purchased a car from these guys previously.
    3 months later it developed a problem with the braking system that costs 1500+ to get fixed by the dealer.

Normally i would be pissed about this, but this was 3 months later and i found out that this was a common enough problems with these vehicles.

It seems that they have an agreement with some local dealerships whereby they get the dealerships trade-ins.

Hence, they sometimes have low mileage single owner BMWs with full service hiatory as well.

However, do get all possible checks done. And get a mechanic to check things out.

I do know that my previous vehicle was taken as a trade-in with hardly any checks whatsoever. This is the type of car you could be buying.

Happy nonetheless and would purchase from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know anything about these guys? They are part of SIMI which I know doesn't mean much but are they ok to deal with? Thanks

Ref simi,I for one was impressed with the help they gave me,ref motor I bought, and found out later on it was used as a hack/taxi,they put some pressure on the dealer,as I specifically pointed out I didn't want any car that had previously been a taxi,after finding out out that the previous owner,who traded in same motor was a hack,I demanded money back/replacement motor,dealer didn't play ball until simi intervened,problem so lvef 3 weeks later,got a newer model,less mileage,and warranty from day I changed,p.S. I have absolutely no connection to simi/motor trade

Advertisement