Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather seats for a Ford Focus C Max

Options
  • 04-04-2016 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I'm not terribly familiar with cars (besides the usual replacing fluids, etc) so I wondered if someone on this forum would be able to answer, what I think probably is, a relatively basic question. We own a Ford Focus C Max (2003-2007 type). We also own two large, seemingly constantly shedding, dogs. While the dogs do spend the majority of the time in the boot, which is excellent as regards space, their hair migrates forward in the cabin and gets everywhere. While I can, and do, clean it using a good vacuum cleaner, it's getting very time consuming. The solution that struck us over the weekend was that we should either purchase proper, washable, covers for the existing seats or, and this was my favoured solution, switch out the seats for leather ones.

This is the point at which I've gotten confused. A number of sales sites in the UK have seats which the sellers advertise as being suitable for a C Max which are originally from standard Focus's. While this makes sense to me to a certain extent (all the Focus variants are based on the same chassis as I understand it), I'm not certain that it's as simple as that. Can anyone offer a more informed opinion then mine to help me figure it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Evac101 wrote: »
    The solution that struck us over the weekend was that we should either purchase proper, washable, covers for the existing seats or, and this was my favoured solution, switch out the seats for leather ones

I can only recommend the Slovakian covers made by MAD. http://www.carseatcover.eu/

They are pricey... But absolutely top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I seem to remember someone getting seats covered by http://www.cucupholstery.com/

"Taxi Leather" so probably vinyl. No where near as nice as leather, but would be much easier to clean than fabric. If I remember correctly it was somewhere around €400 - probably cheaper and easier than transferring an interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The prices I was seeing for a full, second hand, set of seats in the UK was roughly £180-200 and I was hoping, allowing for differences in exchange, it would be similar here. The actual work of transferring the seats over is minimal for the rear set and, I would hope, not terribly complicated for the front set (he said with a false sense of security based on his engineering qualifications from 20 years ago).

Advertisement