Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Withdrawal Symptoms

Options
  • 03-04-2016 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just finished a marathon 3 week session of watching the most brilliant TV series ever created and I'm now left with a terrible void.

The series was just so brilliant I watched the whole thing for a second time. It was just the most intriguing and compelling black comedy. I feel I'm now at the conclusion there is nothing else better written or created on TV or Netflix.

Tried watching House of Cards ( too much political based drama that's boring)

Better Call Saul (too slow and it seems Vince Gilligan is making up the story by the episode)

Homeland (excellent and also compelling but the story gets repetitive as the series goes on with Carrie and Saul tracking down terrorists)

Is there a drama series that will take me out of the misery of Breaking Bad Withdrawal?

Something with intrigue, suspense, brilliant acting and brilliant drama or am I resigned to the fact that a TV series as good as BB will never be created for a long time to come?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

I agree completely. It's the best series I have ever followed.

I have two suggestions:

Watch it all again for a third time!

or

Narcos (on Netflix, 10 episoded). I can pretty much guarantee you'll get into it. amigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

The Wire.
    Its very different to BB but better in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

The Americans

or

Mr. Robot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

I loved breaking bad, along side it I would put battlestar galactica, the wire and the west wing as the greatest shows ever to be created.
    Edit: and game of thrones of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Fargo the tv series is BRILLIANT if you have not seen it, series 1 is on Netflix (or at least was last time I checked).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I loved breaking bad, along side it I would put battlestar galactica, the wire and the west wing as the greatest shows ever to be created.

I couldn't agree more about BSG. it very unfairly gets written off as another star trek because of the obvious Space ships and robots but it's so so much more then that. It looses it's way a little towards the end but like starscream said it's definitely in my top 5 tv shows with Game of thrones, the wire and Lost (I know I know) 5th kin of changes depending on what I fancy at the time.

I'd also second the wire. Starts off a little slowly but when you get into it I found it pretty much consumed me tv viewing. It also does the very brave step of not spoon feeding the storyline. If you can't keep up with it tough ****.... even breaking bad suffered a little from a convenient question to explain what was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Ya it's pretty much a masterpiece, may not be everyone cup of tea but it certainly didn't get the credit it deserved, I often find myself listening to bear mcrearys score for it, absolutely amazing and probably one of the better if not the best score for any tv show. My god I'm gonna start watching it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

So i spent loads on a bottle of craft beer and sat down tonight to start watching The Wire on Netflix, based on this most interesting thread.

Seems it's not on Netflix Ireland! A 2003 show. WTF???

Any suggestions how I watch it? (if dodgy, PM me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 critic_12

Thanks Moonshinerocks Fargo was excellent.

Nice touches with the similarities of scenes from the movie.

Engrossing storyline and the excellent Billy Bob Thornton pivotal to the whole plot. Just a pity he was killed off at the end. Sorry if I spoilt this for anyone!

Thanks Moonshinerocks Fargo was excellent.

Nice touches with the similarities of scenes from the movie.

Engrossing storyline and the excellent Billy Bob Thornton pivotal to the whole plot. Just a pity he was killed off at the end. Sorry if I spoilt this for anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭tony1980

Big fan of Breaking Bad myself and someone pointed me in the direction of Banshee recently. I ended up watching right up as far as the latest episode in season 4 this week. Excellent show so far, might be worth trying out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jaqen Hghar

I would recommend Pablo Escobar: el Patrón del Mal. It's on Netflix like it's more well known counterpart, Narcos. I enjoyed both shows, but I think el Patrón del Mal explored the story of Escobar and those closest to him in much greater detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

critic_12 wrote: »
    Better Call Saul (too slow and it seems Vince Gilligan is making up the story by the episode.

While I agree with you that BB is fantastic you couldn't be more wrong about better call Saul.

You think homeland is reptitive, you think house of cards is boring... Well I'm sorry but you can't be helped. Maybe try home and away or fair city.

Better Call Saul (too slow and it seems Vince Gilligan is making up the story by the episode.

While I agree with you that BB is fantastic you couldn't be more wrong about better call Saul.

You think homeland is reptitive, you think house of cards is boring... Well I'm sorry but you can't be helped. Maybe try home and away or fair city.
    Add your reply here. Ha ha Better Call Saul has picked up and watched the finale yesterday. It's pretty good but I think it a matter that Bryan Cranston is not on the series. I've a feeling he'll show up at some stage for a cameo.

Add your reply here. Ha ha Better Call Saul has picked up and watched the finale yesterday. It's pretty good but I think it a matter that Bryan Cranston is not on the series. I've a feeling he'll show up at some stage for a cameo.

Haha good man! Better call Saul is paced slowly but so was breaking bad at the start, the first two seasons of that were very slow too. It's great isn't it :D

I'm not sure if true detective season one is still on Netflix or not but that's definitely worth checking out if homeland and house of cards aren't your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Some people can't get over the end of Breaking Bad

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Saw that earlier. Love those guys!

BCS is back in a few weeks. The teasers for it are making me very very giddy. I think it's the best written piece of television ever. We're nearing closer and closer to the full BB cast the way it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Saw that earlier. Love those guys!

BCS is back in a few weeks. The teasers for it are making me very very giddy. I think it's the best written piece of television ever. We're nearing closer and closer to the full BB cast the way it's going.

This is exactly what Vince Gilligan said the BCS and BB universes will be much closer during this season.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Davan

Fargo the tv series is BRILLIANT if you have not seen it, series 1 is on Netflix (or at least was last time I checked).:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement