Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports bra

Options
  • 03-04-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I picked up a sports bra in Penneys the other day and only after I tried it on, I realised, its not padded so everything sticks out. :o I don't have big boobs but I need *something* to put in the bra because it looks a little........awkward otherwise.

Is there anything I can get to put in it? I'm starting a sport group soon so need something ASAP for it. Can buy online if needs be, but it'll need to get here this week.

I had a look at nipple cover but they won't work as although I have small boobs, the bra looks ridiculous without something solid and nipple covers don't cut it for me.

Would appreciate any help at all. Alternatively I could get another bra, but it needs to be less than €10 - €15 incl postage if I buy online.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I like the Nike sports bra's. They come in different styles and offer different support. There's always offers on them in Nike in Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Hi all

I picked up a sports bra in Penneys the other day and only after I tried it on, I realised, its not padded so everything sticks out. :o I don't have big boobs but I need *something* to put in the bra because it looks a little........awkward otherwise.

Is there anything I can get to put in it? I'm starting a sport group soon so need something ASAP for it. Can buy online if needs be, but it'll need to get here this week.

I had a look at nipple cover but they won't work as although I have small boobs, the bra looks ridiculous without something solid and nipple covers don't cut it for me.

Would appreciate any help at all. Alternatively I could get another bra, but it needs to be less than €10 - €15 incl postage if I buy online.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)
    Are you planning on wearing the bra with no top over it?! I would recommend sports bras from both M&S (expensive) and Tesco (cheap), if the Penneys one is so thin you can see stuff even with a top over it it can't be that supportive! My experience of sports bras is they are usually quite thick so nearly can be worn as tops with no top over them if the wearer so wishes so that Penneys one must not be quite right.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

All the sports bras I've ever bought from Penneys (most recently last week!) have been exceptionally padded. I know they have a load of them in at the moment, might be worth taking another look and feeling how much padding is in each one? Bear in mind I'm assuming you'll be wearing a t-shirt or Jersey or something too - and nipples aren't the worst thing on the planet, everyone has them! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Are you planning on wearing the bra with no top over it?! I would recommend sports bras from both M&S (expensive) and Tesco (cheap), if the Penneys one is so thin you can see stuff even with a top over it it can't be that supportive! My experience of sports bras is they are usually quite thick so nearly can be worn as tops with no top over them if the wearer so wishes so that Penneys one must not be quite right.
    I would be wearing a vest top/light t-shirt over it, definitely not on its own. Yeah I thought sports bras are usually padded/thick, so I'll another look. This one is very thin. It's a dark grey colour and tbh if it was lighter it would probably be see through as its so thin.
    All the sports bras I've ever bought from Penneys (most recently last week!) have been exceptionally padded. I know they have a load of them in at the moment, might be worth taking another look and feeling how much padding is in each one? Bear in mind I'm assuming you'll be wearing a t-shirt or Jersey or something too - and nipples aren't the worst thing on the planet, everyone has them! :P
    I just had a quick look as I was passing, saw this one and grabbed it.

I had a look in TK Maxx as well but they are almost €30 per bra which I can't afford at all, definitely need something cheaper.

Will have a look again, thanks folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I have a few of the Penneys ones and I just double up on them for extra support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

How often does one change them ? Wore one 2 years old or so a few days ago, I was hurting from the bounce....

Wellyd wrote: »
    I have a few of the Penneys ones and I just double up on them for extra support.
    How do you mean double up? Wear more than one?

I'm beginning to the think the one I got it a cropped sports top rather than a bra as such. I'll be in Penneys and TK Maxx tomorrow so I'll have a look there.

Is Dunnes sportswear any good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I get mine in debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Check Intersport or whatever they are called (the Mike Ashley owned group).

I have a few non padded spots bras and I don't have any issues when wearing top over them even when running outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I got 2 good ones in Dunnes about this time last year. Trimmed with colour piping, one of them is more top-like than bra-ish and can actually be worn on its own. I think the style is called "Racing shoulders" #uniboob

• Advertisement

Thanks folks.

Had a look in Penneys again today and they had next to nothing in sports bras, they had mostly the same as what I picked up there last week which are more like tops.

I'll have to order something online tonight and hope its here next week!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

Try LuluLemon! They have a lot that are light, medium, and heavy support. Also check out kohls, ross, and marshalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I know they can be expensive but it's worth investing. Sore boobs aren't fun. I use Triumph Shock Absorbers. Best I've tried, they held me up through years of Taekwon Do training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Try LuluLemon! They have a lot that are light, medium, and heavy support. Also check out kohls, ross, and marshalls.

This is an Irish forum and none of those stores are available here.

Also, OP said she needs something quickly thats not too expensive. Lululemon (which I shop from when abroad) is definitly not cheap and I doubt will ship to Ireland quickly enough for our OP's needs.

Thanks guys. Picked up a mint and grey one in Penneys today, came home tried it on, and my nipples poke through the padding.

It was the most padded one they had and its still not padded enough. Going to have to bring it back and get a more expensive on in TK Maxx, just don't have a choice at this stage. :(

I did have a look at LuLuLemon as I'd heard good things about them, but €50+ for a bra?!?! Not a hope in hell would I ever pay that. It's crazy money.

For anyone interested, TK Maxx seem to be reducing a lot of their sports/active wear at the minute.

I went in today ready to pay €20+ for a sports bra, found one, reduced to €16.99, was going to get it and while walking towards the checkout I spotted the same one, in a different colour for €9.

I got the black/grey one and the turquoise one was €17, just cos it is a different colour. Have to say, its much more comfortable than that one from Penneys.

This is the one I got (or else mine is very, very identical).

http://www.newbalance.com/pd/the-strappy-seamless-bra/WB61090.html?dwvar_WB61090_color=Black#color=Galapagos

$45.99, crazy expensive!!!

Advertisement