Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Buddy WT3 - USB not recognised

Options
  • 03-04-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am trying to update my Golf Buddy WT3. Every time i plug it into the laptop it says the USB is not recognised. As the connection is specific to the watch what other options do I have to get it connected to the laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

sandyhills wrote: »
    I am trying to update my Golf Buddy WT3. Every time i plug it into the laptop it says the USB is not recognised. As the connection is specific to the watch what other options do I have to get it connected to the laptop?

I updated my firmware last year. I downloaded a Golf Buddy app to the laptop. I can't recall any USB problems.
    Does the WT3 start to charge when you plug it into the USB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

sandyhills wrote: »
    You can get that for a good few different reasons.
    1. The software on your laptop that should recognise the Garmin is missing or corrupted. Download a newer copy and install it again or use the original installation media. Also worth trying it on another PC/laptop just in case. It might be an idea to uninstall it before trying to reinstall it.
    2. The USB port on your laptop is faulty. Check it with another device that you know is working.
    3.The USB connection on your Golf Buddy is faulty. Check it on another laptop that has the software installed.
    4. The cable is faulty. Check it with another similar device.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sandyhills

You can get that for a good few different reasons.
    1. The software on your laptop that should recognise the Garmin is missing or corrupted. Download a newer copy and install it again or use the original installation media. Also worth trying it on another PC/laptop just in case. It might be an idea to uninstall it before trying to reinstall it.
    2. The USB port on your laptop is faulty. Check it with another device that you know is working.
    3.The USB connection on your Golf Buddy is faulty. Check it on another laptop that has the software installed.
    4. The cable is faulty. Check it with another similar device.

Thanks for that have tried it in a few different laptops and the same message comes up. It must be the cable is faulty so may try get another one from Golf Buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

That may be the case if you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

If you already have the driver installed and it was working but you upgraded your Windows version to 10 in the meantime, follow the instructions in the link that billy3sheets posted. If you are still running Windows 7 then it could be the cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭sandyhills

thanks everyone that worked for me so now to work on the golf swing :)

Advertisement