Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Guardian Assembly?

Options
  • 03-04-2016 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Well, we are a dying breed.
    All of my IRL friends have moved on, most of my online friends have moved on but here I am, broke, still enjoying my time in my PS3.
    I'm starting to feel isolated though, I look at my friends list and even though I may have 20 friends online, none are available for me to play with.

So, who else is out there? Who wants to do Kings Fall? (Haven't finished it since I've been left alone)
    Trails? 6 person IB teams?

I want it back, I want the community. Who's still here?

PSN Name: CianRyan90

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

CianRyan wrote: »
    Well, we are a dying breed.
    All of my IRL friends have moved on, most of my online friends have moved on but here I am, broke, still enjoying my time in my PS3.
    I'm starting to feel isolated though, I look at my friends list and even though I may have 20 friends online, none are available for me to play with.

So, who else is out there? Who wants to do Kings Fall? (Haven't finished it since I've been left alone)
    Trails? 6 person IB teams?

I want it back, I want the community. Who's still here?

PSN Name: CianRyan90

This is so :( . Maybe we can organise a Marathon or a Cycle to get the funds together for a new PS4 for you Cian. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PlainP wrote: »
    This is so :( . Maybe we can organise a Marathon or a Cycle to get the funds together for a new PS4 for you Cian. :)

I propose a GoFundMe campaign. We may even get enough for a Destiny Edition PS4 with the white wireless Sony Headset. Bling him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If I can save up the 10% I may apply for a mortgage at this stage, seems a reasonable step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Afraid I can't help you Cian 
    I've moved house since, but last year in a different life I shared the PS4 (and Destiny) with somebody else. I got by with a PS3 pre-owned copy of Vanilla Destiny, even though I had plus, I couldn't have the content on the PS3. I used it for bounties and Iron Banner sometimes. It was a lonely experience being the only player online for all activities.

PetKing wrote: »
    Afraid I can't help you Cian 
    I've moved house since, but last year in a different life I shared the PS4 (and Destiny) with somebody else. I got by with a PS3 pre-owned copy of Vanilla Destiny, even though I had plus, I couldn't have the content on the PS3. I used it for bounties and Iron Banner sometimes. It was a lonely experience being the only player online for all activities.

Its a weird one isn't it, not helped at all by the somewhat melancholy music while you sit in orbit. It was there that I was prompted to make this thread. :p

I have to start throwing money away for a ps4 now, I heard there was a 4.5 due soon though so that's put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If you can't afford the PS4, well the PS4.5 probably ain't for you given the €€€€ investment you'd have to make in VR and 4K viewing given those are it's 2 USPs from what I can gather.

If you make a GoFundMe I'll contribute the price of a fancy pint.

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you can't afford the PS4, well the PS4.5 probably ain't for you given the €€€€ investment you'd have to make in VR and 4K viewing given those are it's 2 USPs from what I can gather.

If you make a GoFundMe I'll contribute the price of a fancy pint.

I has considered the added expense but figured it'd work just fine with my current tv (1080p LED) until such a time that I could afford the fancier stuff.
    See I'm the oldest first year apprentice in Ireland, that means as broke as I am now I at least know that when I git phase 3 I'll be slightly less broke.
    So long term would I be better off rather than buying twice?
    I'll probably just buy the fancy white ps4 when the next big update drops though. :rolleyes:

I 100% will not be starting a go fund me account but I promise I will drink said imaginary pint and play some PVP with you all when I catch up.
    I'm no stranger to drunken Destiny. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I think I've seen you in one of those Oxfam adverts actually now that I think of it

"Cians tv is an LED screen, it does not have very deep blacks"

Here, I wasn't always broke.
    Career changes aren't easy. :p

Advertisement