Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fortunate sons of FIVA rubbish daily driver classics

Options
  • 03-04-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

here[/url]

Key sentence:
    These vehicles are part of our technical and cultural heritage and, in our opinion, should not be lumped together with old, badly maintained cars that are used as cheap, everyday transport, when considering the problem of urban air pollution.

I saw this first in the current Practical Classics. There are many classic owners who use their classic frequently, even at times daily, and maintain it to a high standard. FIVA show themselves as representing fortunate sons who trailer E-Types or Ferrari 250s to shows. I would also saw that some immaculate, rarely driven cars, and this is from going on runs with them, can have issues like brake lights working infrequently. They can have issues that will only become apparent from driving the vehicle a good distance. A IVVCC run is often the only distance running they ever get. Many of the daily drivers are cars like mid eighties Toyotas or Datsuns that snobs will sneer at. Deux Chevaux and Beetles are also commonly used at least weekly. I myself have a Wolseley 16/60 which I drive frequently, at times daily.

This definition by a body to which most big classic car and motorbike clubs are affiliated to, either directly or via a national society, could mean danger for classic owners. Irish governments generally roll over for the EU when a set of interest groups are not threatened by a proposal issued by the EU Commission.

tl;dr screw you FIVA for rubbishing daily driver classics.

Advertisement