Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I missing something or is my remote ? Play/pause button

Options
  • 03-04-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Just got a MXQ pro box and a wireless keyboard. All working fine I would say until I wanted to use possibly the second most basic function of the remote .. Pause a movie in netflix.

Neither remote or keyboard can do this... How on earth do you design a remote without a play/pause button ?

On the keyboard the play pause button starts playing music, even when on netflix.

So, it appears after a google search that nobody seems to be annoyed about this ( so it is obviously me) and the solution is to use an phone as remote..

If I wanted that, I could just as well have bought a chrome cast.. I don't want to use my phone when watching netflix..
    I never warmed to Apple stuff, but I know they got this right on apple TV.. not a lot of functions on the remote, but it does have a play/pause button

Rant over... but is there anyway to control netflix on an android tv box without a phone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Does space bar work?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Nope.. The only thing that works is using the mouse functionality on the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

What happens when you press the ok button

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pause is usually the play button all of these that I've used. I'm assuming it's the small remote? About 3 inches tall? On the phone now so cant link.

What happens when you press the ok button

Nothing happens

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Pause is usually the play button all of these that I've used. I'm assuming it's the small remote? About 3 inches tall? On the phone now so cant link.

There is no play button on the remote.

This is what it looks like

http://www.amazon.com/Anewish%C2%AE-Replacement-Control-Controller-Android/dp/B0142JGKPI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Press OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Can you navigate to the play icon and select it with the mouse button?

kleefarr wrote: »
    Press OK.

Nothing happens...

Strange, I have a similar one and it pauses for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea it's OK with that remote. Have one myself. Wouldn't be the best remote, fine mine very unresponsive. Use a keyboard with mine.

pillphil wrote: »
    Can you navigate to the play icon and select it with the mouse button?

Yes, I can get the cursor on screen and navigate to the pause/play, and it is fine for me, but I want to make this a bit simpler for my 7 yr old..

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yea it's OK with that remote. Have one myself. Wouldn't be the best remote, fine mine very unresponsive. Use a keyboard with mine.

Remote works fine outside netflix I must say. Very resonsive, but perhaps I have a faulty one ? If your OK button does play/pause and mine doesn't ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Just download yatse on to your phone/tablet and throw those waste of space remotes in the wheelie bin mate.

Just download yatse on to your phone/tablet and throw those waste of space remotes in the wheelie bin mate.

Yeah... but that is the point.. don't want to use my phone (give my phone to my 7 yr old..- also phone needs to charge all the time - if I would use an old one)

Strange, I have a similar one and it pauses for me.

Thanks for that guys... Just contacted the seller on amazon, let's see if I get a reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Yeah... but that is the point.. don't want to use my phone (give my phone to my 7 yr old..- also phone needs to charge all the time - if I would use an old one)

Just text me younger brother, he has the exact same remote as you.

His reply was
    No there isn't. Your able to use the one screen controls just

So like you may be right op.

Just text me younger brother, he has the exact same remote as you.

His reply was

So like you may be right op.

If that is the case, I think it may well be the most obvious design flaw ever..

Every other platform I used netflix on reacts to a play/pause button , but then again if the remote doesn't have the button...

Strangely enough- the OK button works fine on Plex..

Strangely enough- the OK button works fine on Plex..

To pause/play?
    Must be netflix then.

• Advertisement

To pause/play?
    Must be netflix then.

Yes, OK button pauses/plays on plex

Advertisement