Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin feeding robin

Options
  • 02-04-2016 7:12pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys ... sitting the computer and see two adult robins out at the feeders but one is taking suet of a coconut shell and feeding it to the other. What's going on here? Is this usual behaviour, maybe male feeding pregnant female???

I have some hazy pics taken through the window having grabbed the camera (very) quickly ...

25590056533_05fe0ed0db_n.jpg 26166784596_67a96a359b_n.jpg 25919858000_c4e6bda848_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I'm not from around here, but where I'm from robins don't "get pregnant". ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Lol ... true, but you know what I mean ... are these a courting couple?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's part of the pair bonding. Not unusual at all. You might want to replace suet or fats at this time of year with protein rich nuts and seeds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Cool. Thanks guys. Had never seen it. All sorts of nuts and seeds out at the feeders but this is what he was choosing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Fab pics, well done u for capturing the moment !

Advertisement