Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie question about size

Options
  • 02-04-2016 2:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

It must be a good 20 years since I have last played golf but I have a renewed interest and with friends playing it is a good chance to get out and catch up.

So without spending a huge amount of money could you recommend a decent set for someone that is 6'7"?

What size clubs would I need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

They say everyone who is somewhat serious about golf should get a fitted set. At your height that makes it a definite. You'd find it practically impossible to get a set for your height off the shelf anyway.

Just walk into one of the big shops who have fitters like McGuirks etc and they'll sort you out I'm sure. But unfortunaltey if you want to take advantage of that more or less free of charge you gonna have to buy a proper new set which wont be cheap, could easily be five six seven hundred. But you might as well cos taking a second hand or cheap set and have it fitted to your height probably won't be much cheaper.

You can find lengthened sets second hand, but whether they'll actually suit you is a lottery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

If you want a rough idea on what length of club you need.
    Check out this link:
    http://www.golf-components.com/custom-golf-club-fitting.html

It should tell you roughly what length suits.

If you want a rough idea on what length of club you need.
    Check out this link:
    http://www.golf-components.com/custom-golf-club-fitting.html

It should tell you roughly what length suits.

Interesting.

For driving, based on the Swing speed I should be using 7-9 degree loft (I use 10.5). Based on the distance I carry I should have a regular flex (I use stiff).

Also based on club used from 150 yards I should be using a regular flex... which I'm pretty sure my irons are.

Might be worth my while getting fitted :pac:

Advertisement