Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloro boots for Gaa

Options
  • 02-04-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hey yall
    My father wants to buy me a pair of football boots(spoilt). I am between a pair of new balance boots and a pair of blue gloro boots. Are gloro boots suitable for Gaa, right now? I know it depends on the pitch but I would value your toughts
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

rvpalldway wrote: »
    Hey yall
    My father wants to buy me a pair of football boots(spoilt). I am between a pair of new balance boots and a pair of blue gloro boots. Are gloro boots suitable for Gaa, right now? I know it depends on the pitch but I would value your toughts
    Cheers

It all depends on what you like. Gloros are a great boot. Well made, not exactly lightweight, leather upper and a tongue that goes over the laces. They are a no nonsense type of boot similar to puma Kings or Adidas Copas or a World Cups but the added fold over tongue with the elastic band (similar to the popular Predator Mania) have made them really popular.

New Balance boots are great too but are typically a synthetic upper and come in flair player light versions or more rugged centre back/defensive midfielder versions. They come in plenty of different colours too.

Your best bet is to get down to a sports store and try them on. You'll know then in terms of sizing etc what your preference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

statto25 wrote: »
    It all depends on what you like. Gloros are a great boot. Well made, not exactly lightweight, leather upper and a tongue that goes over the laces. They are a no nonsense type of boot similar to puma Kings or Adidas Copas or a World Cups but the added fold over tongue with the elastic band (similar to the popular Predator Mania) have made them really popular.

New Balance boots are great too but are typically a synthetic upper and come in flair player light versions or more rugged centre back/defensive midfielder versions. They come in plenty of different colours too.

Your best bet is to get down to a sports store and try them on. You'll know then in terms of sizing etc what your preference is.

I think I will go with the Gloros, I just have one drawback and that is the F.G studs, Would they be playable on Gaa grounds today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

rvpalldway wrote: »
    I think I will go with the Gloros, I just have one drawback and that is the F.G studs, Would they be playable on Gaa grounds today?

No they wouldn't be great this time of year. There are companies that do hybrid stud setups and will put in removable soft ground studs along with the original FG ones. I think blackouts.ie do them

Advertisement