Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Htc a9 or other?

Options
  • 02-04-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent phone on a cheapish contract - max 35e.

I see Tesco mobile have the HTC a9 for 99e for 30/month. They also have the m8s for free on the same plan.

Seems like a pretty good deal compared to other providers. Can anybody say whether it's worth splashing out the extra for the a9?

Probably the next best I found was either the Huawei p8 or vf smart ultra 6, both free on a 35e plan with Vodafone. Is either a better option?

Any advice appreciated...

Comments

Looking for a decent phone on a cheapish contract - max 35e.

I see Tesco mobile have the HTC a9 for 99e for 30/month. They also have the m8s for free on the same plan.

Seems like a pretty good deal compared to other providers. Can anybody say whether it's worth splashing out the extra for the a9?

Probably the next best I found was either the Huawei p8 or vf smart ultra 6, both free on a 35e plan with Vodafone. Is either a better option?

Any advice appreciated...

Of all the phones you mentioned, A9 would be the best overall performer. Has a decent camera, and fingerprint scanner, too.

I'm currently using the smart ultra 6 while I wait for the HTC 10 to come out, and it's a decent phone for the price, but I wouldn't enter into a contract with it, especially considering it's a mid range phone that is almost a year old.

I wouldnt go near the M8S. Original M8 is better (although 2 years old now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I had the HTC a9.....for 4 days! Having been a HTC person when on android I was particularly excited by it. I switched from an iPhone and boy was I wrong. The social media integration was gone from sense. The camera was brutal and as for the battery......! I got rid as quick as possibly and got a galaxy s6!

peteb2 wrote: »
    I had the HTC a9.....for 4 days! Having been a HTC person when on android I was particularly excited by it. I switched from an iPhone and boy was I wrong. The social media integration was gone from sense. The camera was brutal and as for the battery......! I got rid as quick as possibly and got a galaxy s6!

Yeah, unfortunately the A9 is a mid range phone that has been priced as a flagship over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

A9 is great. Go for it! I've heard good things about the camera...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

i think HTC a9 is a great phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement