Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League finals

Options
  • 01-04-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know when the football league finals ( 1 & 2 ) are scheduled for, are they same day double header?

Regards
    JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

JB81 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know when the football league finals ( 1 & 2 ) are scheduled for, are they same day double header?

Regards
    JB

Croke Park double header on Sunday 24th April. Probably 2:00 and 4:00 I'd imagine.

The Div 3 & 4 finals are on the Saturday, that may well be a Croke Park double header too though I'm not sure, these fixtures have not been confirmed but that's how it was in previous years as far as I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Croke Park double header on Sunday 24th April. Probably 2:00 and 4:00 I'd imagine.

The Div 3 & 4 finals are on the Saturday, that may well be a Croke Park double header too though I'm not sure, these fixtures have not been confirmed but that's how it was in previous years as far as I can recall.

Yep. That is what they have been doing in previous years, with the Div 2 final being on first. However, the GAA are doing some commemorative thing to mark the precise day of the 100th anniversary of the 1916 Rising. I believe they are having fireworks after the Div 1 final too. All of that may throw off the timeline, as they may need more than half an hour between when the first final ends and the second final starts, to have all their parades and speeches and whatnot.

It also won't really be dark enough at 5.30, for fireworks to be shown off at their best, so the start time of the whole day may be pushed back. I wouldn't be booking train times, or anything like that, until I knew for sure. I'd expect an announcement of the timeline for the day, fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Allianz Football Leagues Divison 1 and 2 Finals
    Followed by Laochra- The GAA Commemorates 1916

Divison 1 Throw in: 4pm
    Division 2 Throw in: 2pm

Ticket Information:
    Adult: €35.00
    Juvenile U16: €5.00
    Special Price: 1916 Adult Stand Tickets on sale @ €25

The show Laochra, which will take place after the Division One and Two Allianz Football League finals, will present the story of Ireland in a theatrical production that will include the best elements of the Irish cultural entertainment.
    It will also highlight the role of Gaelic games and the GAA in the story of Ireland from the earliest days through to the revolutionary period and right up to the present day placing a strong emphasis on the national and international imprint of the Association

The above is copied from tickets.iy

Advertisement