Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen to acquire Knight move from 2018

Options
  • 01-04-2016 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

FIDE has announced two major changes to their Laws of Chess - one will result in the Queen becoming more powerful - it will acquire a Knight move from 1st January 2018 thereby rendering it the second leaping piece in the Chess army. FIDE officials have been increasingly concerned at the level of book theory being applied in recent decades and feel the time has come to loosen up the game somewhat. The other change involves the Knight acquiring an orthogonal one square move which will make it more flexible - this rule will also be implemented in January 2018. What is interesting though is that the Queen will be able to mimic any piece - up to now, the Knight move was totally exclusive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Nice one. Now I can't get this out of my head. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Middle Man wrote: »
    FIDE has announced two major changes to their Laws of Chess - one will result in the Queen becoming more powerful - it will acquire a Knight move from 1st January 2018 thereby rendering it the second leaping piece in the Chess army. FIDE officials have been increasingly concerned at the level of book theory being applied in recent decades and feel the time has come to loosen up the game somewhat. The other change involves the Knight acquiring an orthogonal one square move which will make it more flexible - this rule will also be implemented in January 2018. What is interesting though is that the Queen will be able to mimic any piece - up to now, the Knight move was totally exclusive.

Forgot to check the publication date! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Middle Man wrote: »
    Forgot to check the publication date! :D
    I'm pretty sure everyone else didn't need to.

Advertisement