Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfnet

Options
  • 01-04-2016 8:42am

I've noticed when playing in a local competition my scores are updated on golfnet pretty quickly however I played my first open in a different club this week (29th March) but nothing has appeared on golfnet yet.

At what point do away clubs post results for open competitions and when are they processed by golfnet?

Another thing that's bothered me, the club I played in doesn't seem to have any social media presence at all nor does their website post results of competitions. My own club does both, maybe this is uncommon but I'd like to know how I did against other players....

One other question about handicaps, adjustments made to handicaps only occur during competitions played in the summer? I can't find any details about this on http://www.congu.com/

What I have found is this, which suggests it could be adjusted at any time during the year?

Among the most significant changes in the 2016 edition of the manual are the following:
    • Dates – The handicap year will now follow the calendar year,1 January to 31 December, and a player’s handicap will be based on scores returned within that period

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

I think because most courses are so wet in the winter they allow relief everywhere, which deems a competition non-qualifying. Others like to protect their fairways in winter and use mats or make you move to the first cut for your next shot(again makes it non-qualifying). I'm sure some clubs have qualifying all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

I've noticed when playing in a local competition my scores are updated on golfnet pretty quickly however I played my first open in a different club this week (29th March) but nothing has appeared on golfnet yet.

At what point do away clubs post results for open competitions and when are they processed by golfnet?

Another thing that's bothered me, the club I played in doesn't seem to have any social media presence at all nor does their website post results of competitions. My own club does both, maybe this is uncommon but I'd like to know how I did against other players....

One other question about handicaps, adjustments made to handicaps only occur during competitions played in the summer? I can't find any details about this on http://www.congu.com/

What I have found is this, which suggests it could be adjusted at any time during the year?

Among the most significant changes in the 2016 edition of the manual are the following:
    • Dates – The handicap year will now follow the calendar year,1 January to 31 December, and a player’s handicap will be based on scores returned within that period

As far as I Know the Local Comp Secretary has to Close the comp on the computer so when ever he gets round to it is your answer!

For your handicap to be adjusted it has to be a "Qualifying Competition". Most clubs will run Non Qualifying Competitions from roughly October/November to March/April due to the condition of the course because of the weather and allow placing/Lift clean drop etc.

You will find some Links courses can run Qualifying almost all year round due to the nature of the land. So yes H/C can be adjusted any time of year.

If it was non qualifying there is unlikely to be any rush to publish results on golfnet.

Ok that makes sense! Thanks for the responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

What Club was it, i thought that all clubs would be bookface savvy by now.

What Club was it, i thought that all clubs would be bookface savvy by now.

Druids Heath

There is a "Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort" page but they don't post results or anything there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement