Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park - location for editorial style shoots

Options
  • 31-03-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey i've just moved to near the park an am wondering if anyone know of nice locations within it for editorial or portrait style shoots .... thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm not quite sure what you mean by editorial style shot.

have a wander around the furry glen. the south side of the park is generally better for shots for a couple of reasons; there's more variation in the locations available, and it slopes down to the liffey so gets better light than the north side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Yeah I would have said it was a bit of an oxymoron, but googling shows it's a 'thing'. Bit of word appropriation. The way ACTUAL editorial photography seems to be going nowadays it'll be synonymous with fashion shoots soon anyhow :(

Also if you're shooting commercially in the Phoenix Park you'll need a permit from DCC AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

have a wander around the furry glen. the south side of the park is generally better for shots for a couple of reasons; there's more variation in the locations available, and it slopes down to the liffey so gets better light than the north side.

Yeah, sound advice ther from magic. The Bandstand in The Hollow is good, also the Wellington Monument is a good backdrop to use. I have always liked the Dublin sky line from Phoenix Monument
    Yeah I would have said it was a bit of an oxymoron, but googling shows it's a 'thing'. Bit of word appropriation. The way ACTUAL editorial photography seems to be going nowadays it'll be synonymous with fashion shoots soon anyhow :(

Also if you're shooting commercially in the Phoenix Park you'll need a permit from DCC AFAIK.

The OPW are the responsible body for "The Park".

Superintendent's Office, The Whitefields, Phoenix Park, Dublin, D08 KDC4

Office hours are from 8.00 am -5.00 pm Monday to Friday.

Phone: +353 1 820 5800 / 820 3500 or 821 3021 Fax: +353 1 820 5584

E-mail: superintendent.park@opw.ie

Advertisement