Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Key fob repair?

Options
  • 31-03-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, my key fob only works sometime ,its not the batteries as I have replaced them and its still the same, sometimes it works fine, last few days it only works the odd time, Car is a 03 mitsuibishi carsmia, Im it the Cork area, if anyone has any ideas they might kindly pass them on, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,954 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can you buy a new casing on Ebay and replace the existing parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,136 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Take a close look at the connections inside. Button connections mainly - the connections made by the buttons. They can be bent by hamfistedness (not you, obviously...).

If so, re-align *very* gently.

Contacts might just need to be cleaned - again, gently does it.

It's great if you have a working unit for comparison purposes. Just be sure to do nothing to that unit!

Think tooth pick rather than Q-tip.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

Guy on tramore road,Morgan,locksmith, cheap,does a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Can you buy a new casing on Ebay and replace the existing parts?
    thanks for the reply, I was hoping to just hand it in to some place to have them have a look and get a price, cheers

Esel wrote: »
    Take a close look at the connections inside. Button connections mainly - the connections made by the buttons. They can be bent by hamfistedness (not you, obviously...).

If so, re-align *very* gently.

Contacts might just need to be cleaned - again, gently does it.

It's great if you have a working unit for comparison purposes. Just be sure to do nothing to that unit!

Think tooth pick rather than Q-tip.
    cheers, I have cleaned the contacts a while back and while it looks fine and clean it's something else I think, thanks

• Advertisement

Guy on tramore road,Morgan,locksmith, cheap,does a good job
    will give him a buzz thanks

Advertisement