Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU accommodation 1st year

Options
  • 31-03-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm applying to DCU in september and ive already applied for accommodation as a 1st year but I put hampstead as my preffered choices instead of larkfield....will this effect my accommodation as I now kinda want to be in Larkfield with other first years? i didnt do much research before applying.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep DCU Student Help

Hi,

Why don't you give the team in accommodation a quick call on 01-7006736. They would be happy to answer your question for you.

Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SaintlyWinner

What are the chances of getting either place? I'm thinking of applying to gateway, but I'll lose the 400 quid deposit if I get campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ConorC97

What are the chances of getting either place? I'm thinking of applying to gateway, but I'll lose the 400 quid deposit if I get campus.

not sure what the odds are of getting on campus... i think its just a luck of the draw really but i dont have larkfield down on my preferances at all so thats why im curious to see if im still able to be drawn for it as a first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sarahguitar92

I had Hampstead down as my preference when I applied but they stuck me in Larkfield anyway. To be honest I think it's completely random and most first years end up being put in Larkfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 beccabreemcd

I had lark field and then hampstead down, and i got neither (first year as well) so I have no idea what to do

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 31 Verified rep DCU Student Help

Hi,

On the DCU website there is a full list of off campus accommodation. The link itself is below for you:

http://www.dcuaccommodation.ie/accommodation/off-campus-accommodation

Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MohiP98

I am a leaving cert student and I applied for DCU in my CAO. my preferred accomodation was Shanowen but i didn't manage to get a place, like a lot of people. Anyone have any ideas of where to get accommodation. I have seen all the off campus accommodation on the DCU website and I've applied for the on campus accommodation.
    Really I just want to know where would be the best place to stay student apartments? on campus? a house?

Advertisement