Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck co2 tank on my sp2022 airsoft pistol

Options
  • 31-03-2016 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey umm my sp2022 is my first airsoft pistol. I used it in the summer but now, when i planned on using it again, the co2 tank is stuck and i cant get it out. Please help if anyone have some suggestions and stuff. Thank u. Good day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Is the screw at the bottom of the mag fully loosened?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hellooo15

nastros wrote: »
    Is the screw at the bottom of the mag fully loosened?
    Ummm.. yeah. It is. But even though its loosened the co2 tank still wont slide down..

Has the tank been in the gun since the summer?

Has the tank been in the gun since the summer?

Yeah. Pretty much.

Ok its likely swelled or possible a bit of oxidisation thats causing it. Best bet would be get yourself some silicon oil spray it needs to be non petroleum based so no wd40 as it damages any rubber seals. You can get it at any airsoft shop and some hardware places but it needs to be petroleum free. Spray it liberally around the top of the mag where it meets the top of the tank. Leave it soak in a while say 20 minutes or so then give it a go.

• Advertisement

Ok its likely swelled or possible a bit of oxidisation thats causing it. Best bet would be get yourself some silicon oil spray it needs to be non petroleum based so no wd40 as it damages any rubber seals. You can get it at any airsoft shop and some hardware places but it needs to be petroleum free. Spray it liberally around the top of the mag where it meets the top of the tank. Leave it soak in a while say 20 minutes or so then give it a go.

I dont know if we have these kinds of things here at Sweden, actually 😂 but sometimes the magazine would be cold.

Cold will cause it to swell too if you can put it somewhere to warm up that might do the trick. Obviously not too warm as it is a compressed cannister.

Cold will cause it to swell too if you can put it somewhere to warm up that might do the trick. Obviously not too warm as it is a compressed cannister.
    Well can i try oil or something?

silicon oil yes but anything made from petroleum could damage the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Make sure the co 2 bulb is completely de pressurised. Drill a hole in the end of the bulb, partially screw in a self tapper screw and with a pliers pull it out

• Advertisement

silicon oil yes but anything made from petroleum could damage the magazine.

Dude thank u. Silicone spray is the bomb yo. It slid out. I have another probs tho. (Lol forgive me first time airsoft handler so sue me for having much probs XD) When i put in the co2 tank and screw it, it made this super loud noise, like a sizzle then it went super cold. Like holy god. The mag froze and stuff and when i try to shoot a pellet, it didnt work. Got any idea why?

Your welcome. Did you stop screwing it in when you heard the hissing?

I gotta be honest, no. I actually panicked and went all the way instead of loosening it.

Is it broken or something? Cuz it doesnt work now, even when i put some co2 tanks, it just keeps hissing and making the mag cold and stuff. If its not broken, how do i fix it?

Sounds like to me you didn't keep tightening the tank when it starts hissing

Sounds like to me you didn't keep tightening the tank when it starts hissing

Yeah i didnt actually

Advertisement