Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this bug?

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I've found about 10 of these around the house over the last few days, it's super small. Any one have any idea what it is and where they're coming from/how to get rid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ulmus

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think it could be a juvenile shield bug...

2334054179_b270efa866_z.jpg?zz=1

0240+StinkBugTrap+tomatoes+IMG_2658.JPG

I'm alright with most bugs, but shieldbugs literally (yes, literally-literally) make my skin crawl, between the stench, and the tone of the buzz they make when they fly... ugh!! I've been known to run from a room because one was crawling around. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Thanks guys :) I think it might be a varied carpet beetle too, I've done a bit of reading on them and it fits! I haven't noticed too many more of them since my murder spree last week, I'm purposely not looking though, I hate bugs!

Advertisement