Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the story with this car and its Limerick Reg.

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

dgjxig.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

it means it comes with a moody taxbook all ready for you to ring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Not necessarily. Limerick were rather more "flexible" in days gone by, everything could well be legitimate, if a bit odd.

days gone by doesn't come into it I assume when he has the V5 from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Perhaps it was originally registered (i.e. new) in Ireland, exported to the UK at some stage, and now re-imported? I believe in such cases cars can have their original Irish plate re-allocated....in this case 'FTI 809'.

The seller is obviously marketing it as being easily available to both Irish and UK buyers. In effect, it's current 'registered' in both countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

FTI 809 was registered as an Austin 1100 on the 26/4/65, sold by Bremen Motors, Thomas Street, Limerick

• Advertisement

PanhardPL wrote: »
    FTI 809 was registered as an Austin 1100 on the 26/4/65, sold by Bremen Motors, Thomas Street, Limerick

that clinches it rather....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

In that case it would be very interesting to read the car's "Folder full of history"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Tax book doesn't even have to match the car now...😏

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

It obviously didn't belong to a '68 mini as FTI would have been a mk1 mini with the small rear lamps unless it was reshelled with a mk2 shell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I imported London Taxis in 1984, which were 1972/3/4 & when I re-registered them, they were issued with ETIxxx & FTIxxx. I think the same could have happened here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just click on the pic in the first post, zoom and read.

"... ,english car, JNH333F, ..."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

mattroche wrote: »
    I imported London Taxis in 1984, which were 1972/3/4 & when I re-registered them, they were issued with ETIxxx & FTIxxx. I think the same could have happened here!

Matt,

I suspect the numbers you got for the taxis would have been xxx-ETI and xxx-FTI, as this format was issued by Limerick at that time ?

Not the case for this advert - 809-FTI comes up as a LiteAce.

Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

You could be right Sean, I will check To-Morrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

All the value in this car is in the history.if that doesn't add up then she's a nice pick mix but nothing more.normally it's the seller of a car that does the leg work to prove what they are selling.just my opinion.

Advertisement