Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatsApp on tablet

Options
  • 31-03-2016 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi

I know of the way to install WhatsApp on a tablet, but the issue that I have is that I am looking for a way in which WhatsApp will be synced between by android phone and Android tablet so that if I receive a WhatsApp on my phone, I will also at the same time get a notification on my tablet and can reply directly from the tablet.

The only part solution I can think of is using WhatsApp Web on the chrome browser on the tablet. However, this isn't the ideal solution and I'm not sure if I would then actually receive push alerts on the tablet indicating new WhatsApp messages or if I would always have to have the WhatsApp Web page open on the tablet and check it for messages.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Would it work if you used an android emulator like BlueStacks to run the WhatsApp app on your tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Best is to access Whatsapp on your tablet via whatsapwebb.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Do you get new message alerts pushed in chrome android app?
    gzoladz wrote: »
    Best is to access Whatsapp on your tablet via whatsapwebb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You should do. Sound alerts yes .. Might be a chrome extension that will allow notifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I use an app called Disa on my phone. It combines SMS, Facebook messenger and WhatsApp in one app. I am not sure if it's tablet optimised but worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Yes, you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Convince all your friends to switch to Telegram and never use WhatsApp again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    Convince all your friends to switch to Telegram and never use WhatsApp again.

Telegram is great but they need to offer voice if they want to offer a real alternative to WhatsApp. I find WhatsApp has so much of the market cornered it's hard to find someone not on WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Telegram is great but they need to offer voice if they want to offer a real alternative to WhatsApp. I find WhatsApp has so much of the market cornered it's hard to find someone not on WhatsApp.

I have never used voice on WhatsApp and never had a need to so I guess I'm different. Telegram is much better for social messaging than whatsapp. Alot more intuitive and is fluent between mobile and desktop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    I have never used voice on WhatsApp and never had a need to so I guess I'm different. Telegram is much better for social messaging than whatsapp. Alot more intuitive and is fluent between mobile and desktop.

I'm agreeing with you. As a mostly Linux user I use Telegram on multiple platforms but only have 3-4 regular contacts that use it. It needs voice or it will never compete with WhatsApp, Hangouts and Viber. I have 2 sisters in the States so have been through them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I agree that there are alternatives to WhatsApp but unfortunately the fact is that everyone has WhatsApp and if I look at threema or telegram, I only have about 3 contacts that also use it

I'm agreeing with you. As a mostly Linux user I use Telegram on multiple platforms but only have 3-4 regular contacts that use it. It needs voice or it will never compete with WhatsApp, Hangouts and Viber. I have 2 sisters in the States so have been through them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

Shouldn't it work like that by default? On Viber it does..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samir12

The passage says Telegram isn't as popular as WhatsApp because most people don't have many contacts on it. What feature do they think Telegram needs to compete better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

8 year old thread, please look at dates before you respond nonsense

Advertisement