Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday wedding

Options
  • 31-03-2016 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

We are hoping to get married on a Sunday 12 of June in a Catholic church finding it a little hard to get a church. Has anyone any advice much appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Pmsent

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Pmsent

?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Cratloe church hosts a lot of weddings for non-locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Cratloe is in the Killaloe diocese, so no Sunday weddings usually. Try Ennistymon or Ballyvaughan or Kilfenora, etc., which are in the Galway diocese which seemingly do have Sunday weddings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Cratloe is actually in the Limerick diocese - I know this as the church on the limerick road in Sixmilebridge, which is part of the Cratloe parish, is Limerick diocese. Not sure what their policy is on Sunday weddings, but as Finbarr said, Killaloe diocese do not do Sunday weddings. Galway definitely does.

Did u get my pm bernice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Oh, I hadn't realised that Cratloe was the Limerick diocese.

Yes got it thank you Lab man

I'll get a phone no.over the weekend for you if u need it maybe twill help you didn't want to post where cause of my profile name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

We got married in Carron as its in Galway diocese, anything above lahinch on map is Galway.

Although the two brother priests in liscannor and kilfenora are not welcoming of outsiders. There is no room at the inn there

We got married in Carron as its in Galway diocese,

Was it a Sunday wedding?

Bernice101 wrote: »
    We got married in Carron as its in Galway diocese,

Was it a Sunday wedding?

Yeah twas a Sunday wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kerbie

lab man wrote: »
    Pmsent

Hi sorry do you know some church you can get married on a Sunday? Thanks

Kerbie wrote: »
    Hi sorry do you know some church you can get married on a Sunday? Thanks

Anywhere outside of the diocese of kilaloe.
    North of Miltown is the Galway diocese so lahinch, ennistymon, carron, doolin, noughaval, etc.

Two churches that you'd be wasting your time with are liscannor and kilfenora. Two brothers are priests there and don't like outsiders.

Advertisement