Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron on transfers! Help needed! Confused!

Options
  • 30-03-2016 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi! I'm organising a hen and personalised tshirts for the hen. It was very expensive to get them printed and I have an old pack of "HP iron-on t-shirt transfers".

They were used years ago but been so long not sure how they work! So I tried on an open pack and doesn't appear to be working. I do have an unopened pack but only enough sheets left to do each tshirt don't have any spares!

So two questions, there is a shiny side with 2 blue lines and a plain side. Which side does it need to be printed on?

Also is there any other reasons why they may not be working?

Please and thank you! Need this sorted soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,293 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You will find instructions on line but you will need the exact description and code number of the product you are trying to use. There is every possibility that the transfers have deteriorated in some way as they are old.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Getting the iron hot enough and with enough pressure is often the issue, although if the paper has been anywhere it may get damp it could be no good as it affects the adhesive.
    Heat the iron for a good 10 mins at max temp with no steam and iron NOT on an ironing board but onto a wooden chopping board or similar, press for a good 5 to 7 minutes at least. You can smell the adhesive sort of melting, leave for 20 secs and peel while warm.
    Print a few small one inch design on the end of a sheet to practise with, the bigger the transfer the longer it will take to press fully. A clam press is far easier to get a decent transfer.
    Where are you based?

Advertisement