Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting golf on ipad

Options
  • 30-03-2016 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Like the title says, I want to watch golf on my ipad.
    Whats the best way of doing this? No dodgy websites. I have PGA tour live app subscription. This is awful though and it seems to block content to Ireland a good deal of the time. I'm going to cancel it.
    Was on to Sky and they would need to install lines into my house and switch on access to a million channels which I've no interest in. I've no TV and not looking for one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

The only way to watch all the golf in full is via Sky.
    nowtv.com is operated by sky and offers passes for a day, week and a month. Officially it is UK only but it works in Ireland. See the Bargain Alerts section for more info on NowTv.

The second option is to borrow a friends/family members sky go ID and use that on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

You can get sky sports mobile tv,its 12:99 per month for the all the sports channels

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

skygo app if you know someone with sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Cheers guys. I don't have anyone with sky unfortunately :(

Looking at the "sky sports mobile tv" app on my ipad I get the following:

Untitled_27.jpg

I'd be happy to pay 12.99 per month for the golf but I don't get an option for this. The next page if I click itunes signin says to subscribe for €6.99 and again it's specifically says does not include sky sports 1-5 :-/ I think it's just sky sports news. No other option of a 12.99pm subscription.

Any ideas? Has anyone got this to work? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Don't like the idea of a new "box" in the house like for the nowtv option. If there's nothing else then I might have to grudgingly do that, but surely I'll miss the masters while waiting for it to arrive, and then trying and failing to install the hoor on my first 10 attempts.

• Advertisement

There is the option to pick pack 1 for 6:99 or pack 2 for 12:99.pack 2 has all sky sports channels

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Don't like the idea of a new "box" in the house like for the nowtv option. If there's nothing else then I might have to grudgingly do that, but surely I'll miss the masters while waiting for it to arrive, and then trying and failing to install the hoor on my first 10 attempts.

just hide the "box" in behind your tv! :D

Oh wait, I see the problem there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

RoadRunner wrote: »

Argos sell them now with a months pass:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=now+tv&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Just seeing this,

Is there some way to get sky sports on the phone/ipad if you have a TV subscription with Virgin?

Downloaded the Sky Sports mobile tv app and dont see that screen shot posted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ronney wrote: »
    Just seeing this,

Is there some way to get sky sports on the phone/ipad if you have a TV subscription with Virgin?

Downloaded the Sky Sports mobile tv app and dont see that screen shot posted above.

do virgin not have their own app you can stream tv through?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Looks like Virgin only have the old Horizon go app, dont think you can get Sky Sports on this (could probably get the golf on setanta this week though)

It seams they only have the rights for mobile streaming in the uk

Advertisement