Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone

Options
  • 30-03-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭

I have had my sisters ' old samsung galaxy s3 mini for the past year or so. The screen is cracked and it turns on and off by itself. I want a new phone on a pay as you go offer. I do very little calling, more texting, apps and internet.i am currently with Vodafone. I want a phone that is relatively cheap and has a high quality camera and a decent memory and a good battery. Does any1 have any suggestions. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Vodafone's own Smart Ultra 6 seems to fit the bill.

You can usually buy it for £99 PAYG on Amazon and then pay ~€5 on eBay to have it unlocked. Or pay around €180 from Vodafone Ireland.

There may be a new version of this phone coming in the not too distant future, but that's not confirmed yet so only a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

+1 for the Smart Ultra 6 - great phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭niallb

Try adverts for a second hand Sony Xperia Z2.
    Good screen and 3GB RAM with 16GB inside and an SD slot.
    Far from new, so unlocked prices are much the same as that Smart Ultra 6.

It ticks the boxes on great battery life and has a camera better than any affordable more recent release.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I've had the Vodafone's Smart Ultra 6 for about 8 months, it is in my opinion the best budget smart phone available currently. While a lot of other budget devices actually feel cheap ( poor build, very slow) this feels like a premium device.

I was coming from an Samsung S4 and it felt like a big upgrade.
    For the price it's a very solid smart phone, Good front and back camera, SD slot, decent battery. has never failed me on running any of the latest apps. I get the very occasional bit of lag but its negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Whats the budget?

Options sub 400 for example could be:

Oneplus two
    Huawei P8
    Motorola X Play
    Nexus 5X

There's plenty to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i recently purchased a 1+2 (have a 1+1 too)

gotta say its a very good phone. beats galaxy s4 and iphone 5s out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Budget is 200
    I think i have narrowed it down to the vodafone smadt ultra 6 and the huawei p8lite.
    Is gorilla glass important.
    The ultra 6 has 800 mAh more of a battery than the p8 is that a big difference
    Which do ye recommend.
    I am leaning slightly towards the ultra 6 because of the resolution. P8 lite (720 x 1280), ultra 6 (1080 x 1920 )
    Tia

Advertisement