Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore-Eastenders

Options
  • 30-03-2016 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Good grief! I hope it goes better than the last time the residents of Albert Square visited Ireland.

Kat and Alfie Moon (of the pub argument) are leaving for a spin off series to be filmed mainly around Dunmore East (also home to Jake's Progress and an adaptation of Maeve Binchey's Echoes)

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0330/778273-eastenders/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Gordon Bennett, G'way bai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

Should this thread not be called Dunmore-EastEnders : )

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

So long as they don't turn it into Dumbmore EastEnders; the last time they filmed in Enniskerry the stage-Irish stereotypes were shocking, pigs running around the streets etc. all they were missing was a funny looking young lad in bare feet chewing on straw playing a banjo. (ok I'm mixing up my stage-irish with my Appallatian mountains metaphors but you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭deisemum

It was so bad the last time that the BBC were inundated with complaints from the public and the media and the Irish Embassy made a formal complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭George White

They do seem going for a sort of sinister village vibe, hence the casting of Fionnula Flanagan who has played these types before from Lost to Murder she Wrote to 70s schlock telemovies like Nightmare in Badham County.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

As an outsider Dunmore East is a fantastically beautiful place, I love it there.

I hope this show does it justice and helps the local economy.

Advertisement